Chapter 26: Brotherhood

"I know we don't see eye to eye on many things....", Regulus tried to say.

"Obviously you are too short.*", Sirius said with a smirk.

"I am 5 feet 8 inches, Sirius! I am just five inches shorter than you!", Regulus said exasperated.

"Yes and don't you forget it.", Sirius said smugly as he booped Regulus's nose.

Regulus glared at him and then sighed. This was useless. 2 minutes in and his brother was already getting on his nerves. He decided to not give into his shenanigans.

"Sirius, you can't be here! Mom and Dad would freak out and torture you. Please...I ..I don't want to see that. You need to leave.", Regulus pleaded with his thick headed brother.

"I didn't come here because I want to to be back in this hell. I came back into this manic house because I need to save you when Voldemort decides to off you all.", Sirius said seriously.

"He won't try to do that! That would be sucidal!", Reg protested. He couldn't believe how dumb his brother could be.

"Or a brilliant way of getting the pureblood families on their side or at least scaring them into it.", Granger said from side.

Reg paused. Killing them will send a strong signal that Lord Voldemort will not take any one's rejection lightly. It made sense. Voldemort was losing a lot of support since Granger pulled the stunt of disclosing his true heritage in the Ministry Ball. He must be getting desperate to gain a foothold again. Reg nodded at her.

"Of course, he will listen to the gorgeous lady than his own brother.", Sirius muttered. Reg rolled his eyes.

"No! I am listening to the one with more experience on this than you. You, my brother, are not exactly known to think through any plans.", Reg clarified patiently.

"He is not known to think only.", Remus said dryly.

"Hey! I think!", Sirius said affronted.

"Right like when you and Prongs decided to prank McGonagall when I broke my leg.", Remus said dryly.

"Well, you were in pain and the Castle has a lot of stairs!", Sirius defended himself.

"It was ingenuous, Moony.", James supported Sirius with a happy smile.

"You took a replica dummy of me on a wheelchair and pushed the wheelchair on the stairs with McGonagall rushing after the dummy to save 'me'. You guys scrubbed the bathroom floor for two months straight after that.*", Remus said exasperated.

"Yeah but Minnie's face was worth it!", James said with a broad smile.

"See? Amazing plan!", Sirius said happily.

"Really? Like when you both dunderheads punched each other in front of Madam Promfey so that you could stay with me in hospital?*", Remus said dryly.

"It worked!", James protested.

"Merlin only knows how!", Remus said in exasperation.

"Simple. the It's because I am the brains behind all our brilliant plans.", James said smugly.

"You thought that the ghost made our toasts today, Prongs!", Sirius said dryly.

"You didn't put the bread, I didn't put the bread in, neither did anyone else in the kitchen but the toast was made anyway*!", James explained his insane theory by giving logic. Reg sighed again.

"Uh, I made the toast and went to get juice from the storage.", Bushy haired Granger said in amusement

"Oh!", James said in shock and disappointed as if he was hoping for a ghost that made toasts for them.