Chapter 10: Braveheart

Harry couldn't explain it but there was this feeling in her. Not the one she got when Sirius walked close to her and brushed his hands 'accidentally' against her. But this foreboding feeling, similar to the one she got in the graveyard. She kept an eye out as everyone else was debating on where to go first.

"Harry?", A voice called her from behind. They all turned to see Orchid Johnson standing there, looking handsome and a bit nervous.

"Hey Orchid.", Harry said brightly. Sirius stiffened next to her and dad came on her other side with a frown.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you for a second?", Orchid asked her politely. She smiled and nodded.

"Why don't you guys wait in the three broomstick? I will come and find you guys.", Harry told them.

She frowned to see the Marauders and Lily looking at Orchid with distrust. But why? He was a nice guy and she was sure he was on their side of the war. Hermione and Ron looked entertained, on the other hand. She shrugged it off. Moony grabbed dad and Sirius and dragged them into the Three Broomstick. They all sat at the window table.

Harry turned and smiled at Orchid. He was a sweet guy. Very talented in defense and charms. She enjoyed their talks after the classes. He looked nervous for some reason.

"I know that I am technically your teacher and this can be considered inappropriate. But I was wondering, I was wondering if...ahem... Would you go for a coffee with me?", Orchid asked her tentatively.

She was shocked. And did she hear growling behind her? She thought about his offer for coffee. She couldn't accept it because it may lead him into thinking that it could lead somewhere. Had he asked her a couple of months ago, she wouldn't have any issue. But now...

She smiled apologetically and said,"I am sorry, Orchid. If I did, it would not be fair to you, as I like someone else."

Orchid looked disappointed but not surprised. Her eyes caught glimpse of Avery Jr. What was he doing here? There were no relative of his studying in Hogwarts at this moment. She looked at the side and saw Bulstrode at a corner. Then there was Dolohov. She looked around and frowned. There were a lot of death eaters here.

Her blood ran cold. Oh, he was attacking Hogsmeade, when it was crowded. Of course, that coward would attack innocent students and show the world he wasn't afraid of attacking Dumbledore in his backyard. She needed to do something. She looked at Orchid and leaned close to him. Orchid eyes widened in surprise as she sort of hugged him.

Harry whispered in his ears,"Listen closely. There are too many death eaters here for it to be anything good. Go to Ministry and get as many Aurors as you can. Don't let it turn into another Hampstead fiasco. I will try to get as many people out as I could. And get Dumbledore. Hurry!"

She leaned back and Orchid looked worried as his eyes subtly tracked the death eaters. He looked at her and took her hand as they walked behind an alley.

"You should leave too. Its dangerous.", Orchid said worriedly. Harry smiled.

"Don't worry about me. I will be fine. Now, go. I don't think we have a lot of time.", Harry told him. He nodded and apparated away.

Right now, she needed to make sure the people she cared most were out of harm's way. But how? She saw Marlene and Alice coming her way. A very stupid idea came to her mind and she walked towards them.

"Hey. You guys know about the game Sirius and I are playing?", Harry asked them with a grin. Their teasing game was quite popular in the school. It was almost a daily source of entertainment for people.

"Well, he is a few points up and I need to get a leg up. He thinks I am here making out or something with Orchid. Can you tell them that you saw us fight and then, I ran away back to Hogwarts, maybe crying? I will have my move ready as soon as you all enter Hogwarts. But I need all of them there for it to be effective.", Harry said in a very evil tone. She rubbed her hands for good measure too. She wondered if they would believe this ridiculous story. Marlene and Alice eyes sparkled and they nodded. Well, it worked.