Chapter 22: The gamble

"Merlin! I cannot believe I am going to say this but this party is duller than Binns' class!", Ron grumbled as he tucked on his jacket for the tenth time.

They were all at Ministry's Christmas Ball, where the who-whos of wizarding world were present as were all their employees. Ron, Hermione and Harry were sitting at the back observing everyone. Harry was on alert today. Voldemort had wanted to warn the world that he was back and more powerful than ever. This party could be the best way to send the signal. Dumbledore and Aurors were on alert despite looking like they were enjoying the gala. Harry spied Moody and Orchid keeping a vigilant eye on the crowd.

Voldemort had woken up yesterday night and has been busy fucking the life out of Bellatrix. Lucius Malfoy was very troubled and Narcissa was extremely scandalized by the horny adulterous couple. Voldemort was on a mission to have Bellatrix impregnated before he took over the world. Voldemort on viagra was a crazy...well more crazy and the scenes made her want to puke. Because for all that is pure in the world, no one wants to see unsolicited dicks or woman being fucked like a piece of trash. It was wrong in so many ways and Harry really didn't want to see all of that, because bleh.

"There you three are. We were worried, we lost you.", Mum said as her frown disappeared.

The three turned to see mum, dad and Sirius standing there with drinks and food for everyone. Harry and Ron muttered thank god and devoured the miniature food samplings. Hermione chuckled at her two bored best friends. After they ate everything in sight, they focused back on the ridiculously dull ball party.

"Now, if you are full, come on, come with us.", Dad said cheerfully.

The trio were suddenly introduced to the rich and powerful of the world. Harry was surprised when everyone seemed to know about her and her actions in Hogsmeade debacle. She had more than dozen Hogwarts students' parents thank her profusely for saving their child. Harry became awkward after a while and searched for Hermione or Ron. She found Ron shoving food in his mouth while Hermione was busy talking to some wizard. She excused herself and went towards the people that mattered most to her.

"That is brilliant, Miss Granger. Will you like to work with me on trying to find a cure for the werewolves? I can give you an apprentice, if you would like. The pay would be good. Plus I am trying to get Artemis Brage, the famous healing potioneer, to join me.", a gruffly wizard with kind eyes offered Hermione. Hermione nodded eagerly. The gruffy wizard left after that.

"Found a cure that no one could find for years, eh, Hermione?", Harry asked her brightly.

"Werewolves symptoms are so similar to rabies, I kept wondering if there is connection or some solution to it. I mean, muggles have already discovered a cure for rabies. Maybe we can learn something from it. I was planning on working on it before but there was never time. I think this will be good, won't it?", Hermione asked hesitantly.

"Of course, it would be, 'mione. You are brilliant and there is yet to be a problem you can't solve.", Ron said with a bright smile. Hermione blushed prettily. Harry smiled as the music started to pick up.

"Go on you two, dance. Bring some joy into this world." Harry pushed them towards the floor, where Ron took hand of surprised Hermione and spun her. Harry grinned widely. Harry had taught Ron dance moves when he had said, offhandedly, that he wished he could dance as well as Harry did now. Harry decided to fulfill his wish. It was fun way of spending free classes rather than read books. She could see that Hermione was more than impressed. Well, someone was going to have a good night.

Harry sipped her drink as she looked at the people in the room. Some of whose fate she knew of, some were new and some had passed away before she was introduced into the wizarding world. Harry was happy that her dad's parents would be fine soon enough and would live to see them get married and hopefully, see her being born. Harry was sad that she had missed the opportunity to meet her grandparents while growing up, they seemed to be such fun people.