Chapter 12: Dancing in your arms....

"Lily, I hope our children have your beautiful hair.", James whispered softly to Lily, who blushed and looked at him fondly. They were both in his bed at night. Sadly not doing the more pleasurable activity, but simply completing their work.

"Agreed. I don't I could handle two wild hairs in my house.", Lily said teasingly. James kissed her softly and pulled back.

"How many kids do you want?", James asked her conversationally, as he braided few strands of her hair.

"I don't think I would give birth to more than two, maybe my husband can persuade me to have three. How many children do you envision in your future?", Lily asked him, curiously.

James smiled lovingly,"As many as you want. You are the who will do most work bringing them into the world. After that I will spoil them rotten. Although if you ask me, six."

Lily's eyes widened and she gasped. James grinned and Remus, the oaf, chuckled from his bed.

"Six? Six? What? You want to make a quidditch team?", Lily asked incredulously. James smiled sheepishly at her.

"Jesus! Are you serious?", Lily asked annoyed as she hit him lightly with her book. James eyes sparkled.

"I am not Sirius. My best mate is.", James said with a laugh and then oomphed as Lily pushed him off the bed. Still grinning, he climbed back on the bed.

"I am not giving birth to six kids! And how are you so sure, I will even marry you, you quidditch maniac?", Lily asked him annoyed.

"Lily love, I have been sure since fifth year.", James said with absolute conviction.

Lily grudgingly smiled but said in warning,"I am not giving birth to six kids. No way!"

James held his hands up in mock surrender. "That's alright, I will ask Sirius to have three. With my three, his three, Peter's four and Moony's two, we shall have good enough members for matches."

"You do realize I won't be having kids right? I probably won't even marry.", Remus said dully from his bed.

"Oh..ssh. of course you will marry. And have intelligent babies.", James said sagely. Remus just shook his head in resignation.

"You wait my friend. You will marry and have babies and they would be most badarse of us all. After all, they would be half her. It will wash away all your bookishness.", James said with a grin. Remus showed him the middle finger. James laughed loudly.

Lily smiled at him and they snogged for a while. Afterwards, Lily went back to her astronomy book and James started to review his quidditch practice match moves he wanted his team to try. Remus was reading some muggle book for a while now. He had transfigured the book's title. Sirius and James knew it wasn't porn. Remus was too good of a boy for that.

Ron and Peter were already asleep. Ron sneaked out every night and came back in, late. No guessing why he went. Hermione was out her bed at the same time too. Ron usually napped whenever he could during the day. Peter, well Peter, loved sleep as much as he loved food, since they have known him. James was waiting for Sirius to come back from his dance practice. Today was the day, when Sirius was going to put his final move on Harry. Finally! It has never taken Sirius so long to get together with a girl. James wished they would start dating already, so that they can go on double dates! It would be great!

James sat up as a frowning Sirius came back in the dorm. "That is not a happy face, mate.", James asked him in concern.

Sirius sighed in annoyance and collapsed on James's bed head first and screamed in annoyance into the pillow. Lily was jostled out of bed and fell down on the floor. James stifled a laugh. She would murder him. She got up from the floor and sat down on the other end of the bed with a huff. Remus had already occupied the other side.