Chapter 23

-Anni-

When I got to my father's car he asked me what happened, the fact that my brother betrayed me wasn't as important as knowing that he was gay so they kind of forgot about my break-up with Noah. I told him we had a fight and that Jude just walked away; he just hoped that he would come home soon and started driving.

We didn't talk all the way home so I had time to play the fight in my head all over again, and I realized how fucked up was everything, I realized that I let my anger talk and I may have said some things that could hurt Noah and Jude. 

When I got home and my mother told me that Jude wasn't here yet, I started to worry; I told them we had a fight, we were used to Jude running away so the only thing we could do was wait for him to come back. Fortunately, he arrived a few hours later and I had time to think about everything, I shouldn't have said many things, I said he was incapable of love and that wasn't fair, I judged Noah and treated him the same way my parents treated Jude a few years ago when they found him kissing a friend from school, I was mean and even if I was sad too, I hurt them both. I found the courage to go to his room and talk to him, really talk.

"Jude..."; I walked to his bed were he was sat.

"Anni, I don't want to talk right now"; he said looking at the floor.

"Look, things got out of hand earlier..."

"Really?!No shit! Basically I'm the 'snake' who ruined your relationship and you and Noah are the victims here"; he was looking at me now and I could see the anger and pain in his eyes.

"Can you please listen to me, I..."; my phone started ringing and on the screen I saw the name Andrew, Andy was calling me, he wasn't talking to me so I answered right away, glad to hear his voice again. "Hi Andy, I know we need to talk and we will, but right now I'm..."

"Have you talked to Noah?"; he asked interrupting me a bit worried, I simply got confused.

"Yes, well kind of, we had a fight after school"; I explained.

"You had a fight? And was he mad? Did he tell you where he was going?"; he sounded so worried that I started to worry too.

"No, he just left in his car. Why are you asking me all of this?"

"His dad called me saying he never got home, I tried to call him but his cellphone is off and we started to worry"

"Ok, I'm sure everything it's fine, don't worry, maybe he needed time to think. I'll try to contact him and call you if I get to talk to him"; I hung up and asked Jude if he knew something. "Have you been talking to Noah?"

"Not really, what's going on?"; I noticed he started to worry too.

"His dad and Andy don't know where he is and apparently he is not answering his phone"; I tried to call Noah while talking to Jude, he stood up from his bed and got closer to me. Noah didn't answer my call.

"Let me call him"; he said and grabbed his phone, Noah didn't answer either and I started to get really nervous. "Maybe he wanted to be alone and he just turned off his phone, he'll be home soon don't worry"; Jude tried to calm me but failed because he didn't believed a thing he said.

We kept trying to call him, the minutes passed and the night was coming really quickly, it was all getting dark and even if I was trying to stay calm I couldn't, I was scared that he would do something bad. After some minutes Andrew called me, I answered right away and I didn't expect what he said.

"Anni you have to come to the hospital"; No... "Noah had a car accident"; at that moment everything just turned black, I couldn't move and my heart started beating faster, I found the strength to talk and answered Andrew.