08

it was close to 10pm and sophia was keeping fezco company at the store

it was close to 10pm and sophia was keeping fezco company at the store. she was tired from driving nikki to the airport and had to have her calculus homework in first thing tomorrow morning but she could barely even focus. she fought the urge to doze off and turned her head.

"baby, will you please do the rest of my homework for me?" she asks sliding her worksheet over knowing he was good at math.

fezco hums giving the paper a once over before taking the pen she offered and nodding his head, "i got you."

"thank you." sophia smiles and stands to wrap her arms around his waist leaning her head on his back.

"i can hear yo stomach grumblin'. you eat today?" he turned his head slightly with furrowed eyebrows, "i had coffee and a muffin." she replies placing a short kiss on his cheek.

"bro? that's all you had the whole day." he shook his head and let out a sigh, "what i tell you about that?"

"i forgot."

"how do you forget to eat? nah, baby figure out what you want right now and we can go get somethin' after i close up."  

sophia nods her head, "i'm gonna use the bathroom. give me a sec." she kisses his cheek once more before making her way to the back.

it didn't take long for fezco to finish her homework, it was honestly light work. he would've been done sooner but he was correcting the questions she had gotten wrong.

he stretches his limbs and stands up dusting off his pants.

a ring is heard throughout the store and nate walks in sending a nod to the ginger, "what's up, fez."

"wassup, man."

"yo, can i get, uh, two of the rolling papers, too, bruh?" nate grabs a couple packs of skittles and a mango la croix from the fridge.

"yo, man. i don't know what's been going with you, rue and jules and shit. but you should know, i really do care about her."

nate leans his tall frame against one of the refrigerators. "aren't you, like, her drug dealer?"

"nah, man."

"what, are you in a relationship?" he asks with a small laugh.

fezco almost cringes at the thought. "nah, bruh, that's like, my family."

"so, it's platonic."

"look, man, all i'm saying is leave her and her friends alone."

nate tilts his head, "is that a threat?"

"nah, i'm just telling you."

"or what?"

fezco turns his body fully towards him, "we're not gonna be having this conversation."