11

sophia pulled down the bottom to her strapless black dress that was riding up with every step she took as she walked up the large driveway to the new years party

"are you gonna be okay? you're probably gonna run into jules tonight. you think you can handle that?" sophia asks moving a strand of hair from her face to look at rue.

"nope." she answers honestly with a small shrug, "not even a little bit."

"i'm sure whatever happens will end up in you two locking lips at midnight. mark my words."

"god i hope so."

sophia chuckles lightly and looks around, surprised by how many people showed up. this was definitely the party of the year. "does anyone know where the bathroom is?" she hears watching as maddy asked around and sophia instantly rolled her eyes.

"yeah, i'm gonna go, uh- yeah." rue says not wanting to explicitly say she's gonna leave sophia to do drugs in a more secluded area.

"okay. call me when your ready to leave."

rue gives her a thumbs up already maneuvering her way through the crowd of people.

sophia soon finds herself in a corner and pulls her phone out to text fez. she could've just looked for him instead of asking him to send his location but the house was huge and the amount of people who showed up were even more massive, she didn't want to get lost.

sophia could feel a pair of eyes on her and looked to her left meeting the eyes of nate jacobs instantly bringing discomfort throughout her body. "fucking weirdo." she mutters under breath leaving her area and making the decision to try to find a bathroom upstairs.

she hums along to the sound blasting and scans the upstairs area, letting out a small relief seeing someone leave the bathroom. they leave the door open and she thanks them before stepping inside.

she quickly does her business, washes her hands and checks her body in the mirror. her phone vibrates on the counter and she picks it up to see multiple messages from fezco.

sophia has her head down responding to the texts and as she opened the door she's immediately pushed back in. she stumbles back and drops her phone, hearing the screen shatter as she looked up to see nate jacobs standing dangerously close to her.

"what the- get the fuck out nate." she makes a move to get past him and was stopped by his body moving with her. "where do you think your going, huh?" he taunts backing her up against the wall.

most of the times, sophia could hold her own but being trapped in a small bathroom with a deranged 6 foot tall football player scared the everlasting hell out of her but she refused to let him know that.

"just leave me alone, nate. i don't have time to deal with your goddamn bullsh-" sophia let's out a gasp when nate harshly grips her cheek in his hand, "go ahead. keep running that big fucking mouth. come on, keep fucking talking sophia. keep talking!"