1

I grumbled as I pulled my suitcase out of the Uber. Not because of the weight of it but because of why I have it. The Uber took off with a farewell and I turned around at the small apartment complex.

Taking in a deep breath to calm down, I nod in weak confidence. It's time. Looking around, I scan the doors numbers for the one I'm looking for. My bag rolls to a stop once I spot it pretty quickly. My brain almost goes numb and thoughtlesss. Staring at the door with my fist curled to knock is all I could do for a couple minutes.

"Ahem," a clearing of a throat is heard behind me. Quickly I turn around and spot some kid my age. God, I must look like a creep just standing here staring at someone's door. "Are you lost?"

"Uhm.. No. At least I don't believe so. Do you know the person that lives here?"

"Yeah, but who's askin'?" He asks cautiously scanning me up and down. My ears pick up movement from inside and I quickly turn around ready to take off, but my breath slows once we make eye contact.

"Jade?"

"Uh... H-hey dad," I stutter.

"What are you doing here? Where's your mother?" He ask almost cautiously.

"Umm. We have a lot to talk about," I respond in a low tone and my eyes cast down.

"Oh, um come in," he realizes and opens the door wider to let me in. Glancing behind me I see the two exchanging glances. I laugh shaking my head, but it quickly changed into a cringe once the smell of a lot of beer filled my nose. Forgot about his habits. "Go ahead and sit."

I nod and sit at the table instead of the couch. "So... why isn't your mother here with you?"

"Well... She um passed a couple months ago."

"What? Why am I barely hearing about this? Whose been taking care of you?"

"I'm sorry. I've been through a lot and frankly I didn't want to say the words. I didn't want to believe it. I still don't," I explain putting my head in my hands and my elbows on the table.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry," he replies quietly after a minute in shock.

"Yeah. Um anyway I couldn't stay in Beacon Hills any longer and I just wanted to let you know I'm in town."

"You aren't staying? You can take my room.. or clear out the spare..."

"Actually I'm staying at mom's old apartment. Apparently she still has it or used to... And uh I didn't want to take your room or anything," I explain. He sighs and nods his head, guilt creeps in as I see his almost disappointed expression. Not in me but in himself.

I decide to chill for a while and he watches old shows that I soon pass to on the couch.  It's dark out now but not that late.

3rd pov

Johnny Lawrence was surprised when his daughter, Jade, showed up at his door and was even more surprised when she stood with him even after she said she couldn't.

He chuckles at the tv when Adam Sandler said one of his jokes, when he didn't hear his daughter laughing too, he looks over to see her curled up and passed out on his bigger sofa. He softens becomes quiet and he sighs and shakes his head at himself. His thoughts filled with regret for never being there for his children.

Getting up, he grabs an old blanket that doesn't smell like beer as much as everything else in his apartment. Gently he lays it on her hoping not to wake her up. Mild panic fills his chest though when a knocking sound comes from his door. Shit.

Quickly he opens it with one of his hands curled in a fist, half expecting his old sensei, Kreese. Once he sees that it was in fact his neighbor that also happens to be his students mother, he quickly signals for her to talk quietly. Her dark brows scrunch together and Johnny lets her in and points to the couch. "It's my daughter, Jade," he clarifies seeing the confusion upon the woman's prominent features.

"Congratulations Sensei!" His neighbor Carmen says quietly, with a homemade cake in her palms. She was referring to Cobra Kai's win in the All Valley tournament.

"Thanks. Wanna come in? She won't wake up if we talk quietly," he offers. Carmen nods and comes in with the cake and they both get a piece sitting at the small dinning table. "Mm. That's really good. What's it called again," Johnny compliments.

"Tres leches. It means three milks," Carmen answers knowing Johnny isn't too knowledgeable on diverse subjects.

"Better than the milk I used to drink. Miguel's lucky," Johnny jokes, eating more of the sweet cake. They continued to talk about Miguel and his victory. Carmen bringing up how she didn't like some moments where Miguel became a bit too aggressive making Lawrence think about how he was teaching too much like he was taught, with no mercy. Snoring sounded to both of their ears making them both laugh as quiet as they could muster.

"You never mentioned a daughter?"

"Yeah. Well.. her mom took her when she was 5. And to be honest, I wasn't really father material, you could say," Johnny admits. Carmen nods, trying to better understand the man before her.

"She came back, so maybe you made more of an impact than you think," Carmen tries, her positive attitude prevailing. He nods silently in thought as he looks at the couch where his daughter's snores could be heard. Soon Carmen leaves , ending the night for both them.

🔴⚫️🟡🔴⚫️🟡🔴⚫️🟡🔴⚫️🟡🔴⚫️

Jade's pov
The rattling sound of bones and growling surrounds me. A sound I know that brings pain and death with. My feet trip over them selves and I can't move. The sound gets louder and louder until the berserker is above me. It growling shakes the walls and I scream almost as loud as Lydia once it long claws come straight down on me.

"Jade! Jade, wake up!" My father's voice makes my nightmare come to an end causing me to sit straight up panting, the feeling of pain still present in my chest. "Woah... woah. Are you ok?"

I muster a nod as I try to calm myself.

"Ok. Well, I got to go meet someone. I wanted you to meet the neighbors and eat over there. I have no food right now," he explains but still has worry on his face from my condition.

"Ok. Just give me a minute." I quickly get ready. Brushing my teeth, hair, and putting on a quick outfit.

 Brushing my teeth, hair, and putting on a quick outfit

We then left and literally walked 2 ft. He knocked on the door and a nice looking woman with light brown skin answered. She smiled and looked at me. "Hi. You must be Jade. I'm Carmen Diaz."

I nod and softly smile. "Nice to meet you Mrs. Diaz."

"Oh, please call me Carmen."

"Great. I'll leave you two to it and later Miguel will bring you to my dojo," my dad claps and then quickly leaves. Really? What dojo? He owns a dojo now?

"Come on in sweetie. I made some bacon and eggs." I smile greatfully. I noticed the smell of bacon when she opened her door due to my heightened senses. Trudging in I see an old Hispanic woman and that kid I met last night. "Jade, this is Miguel and my mother Rosa."

I wave and she pulls out my chair for me to sit by Miguel. She is way too nice to me. "Ah.. welcome mija," Miguel's grandma immediately greets with a smile. Without asking she gives me a full plate and I don't hesitate to dig in. Since I was bitten, my appetite is through the roof. I blame Scott.

"Ahora, que es una chica para casarse," the grandma whispers to her grandson, thinking I can't hear. But I did with my werewolf hearing. Both Miguel and I blush and I proceed to slow my eating. The rest of the meal is quiet with a few questions from the two mature woman.