11

Jade's pov
"Okay... 1.. 2.. 3!" Quickly I chug down the Gatorade trying to beat Miguel as he does the same. He tries distracting me and pats my arm like a crazy person.

I finish first and then go to the next obstacle in our made up course. Climbing a tree and if I'm being honest I've never done this before, so I stare at the tree for a solid second. Where do I place my foot?

"Your losing slow poke!" Miguel laughs and passes by me and I watch as he jumps and then places his foot on nothing sturdy. Oh!

Quickly I do the same and grab the first branch hoping it won't snap and kill me. "Thought too soon, Miguel," I say, laughing as I pull myself up easier than him. Only a branch ahead though. The next part is to climb down and he and I reach the highest point on the moderately tall tree. His daring eyes meet mine, and we both have matching smirks. We both jump instead of climb down and roll forward to land smoothly.

Both of us, sprint to where we began in the middle of a clear soccer field. Of course my speed gives me the advantage even as I try not to cheat with my werewolf speed, it's pretty hard not to. It was a simple course, which ended with chugging chocolate milk.

Kinda grossed out by the milk, I wince as I chug the Nesquick. "Ugh, I'm gonna puke."

Miguel didn't even try to finish chugging after I dropped the empty bottle. He only laughs at me as I hold my stomach because all of the liquid that I consumed. We drop to the ground just breathing and looking up towards the darkening sky. Dark. Sky. Oh no! It's getting dark out!

"Shit! Miguel, I um, I really have to go," I stress while jumping up and checking my phone. 2 missed calls from Robby. "I'm so sorry. I hate, hate to do this, but my brother needs me right now. Can we um do this another time?"

"Oh, uh, sure. Yeah I, uh, had fun," Miguel tells me, a bit disappointed. I frown and then help him up with a strong pull. Too strong of a pull, his whole body collides with mine, but he reaches around me so I can't fall. Breathless, we both stare at each other. Eyes glazing over as we fall deeper and deeper into each other and before I know it, his lips are planted among my own.

We kiss shortly and pull apart, he leans his head against mine, still holding me. I look up at him with a smile and he leans for another kiss, but I only let him peck my lips before I pull away.

"Miguel.." He frowns at my words. "I, um, I have to go." My feet take off before I could make things any worse. Miguel being with me, could put him in danger.

Soon, I'm at the Larusso house waiting for Robby to come out. My nerves feel like they're on fire. Is this right? Should I really tell him my biggest secret? Will he still want to be around me after?

"Jade! You alright?" Robby asks glancing curiously at my features. Nodding, we just start walking with no direction as the Sun disappears over the horizon. I try to stay quiet for as long as possible, afraid to lose my brother forever. How do I even tell him this anyway? "Why don't we just chill over here for a minute?"

We stop a small park and sit on the bench. After a few minutes of staring up at the stars, I finally decide to speak. "Alright, here goes nothing.."

My brother turns with his full attention on me, making me more nervous. "You've noticed differences about me?" I ask and after a moment of thought he nods. "My strength.. me being in weird places at odd times... the guys that tried to take me.." Another nod from him and I let out a long shaky breath, looking down from him. "Well... it's all connected. Robby, I'm.."

Before I could let my words out, a sharp pain hits my neck and I wince harshly raising my hand against it. My eyes meet Robby's eyes of fear and he quickly reaches toward me and then takes this large vile-like dart out of my neck.