2

Jade's POV
After breakfast Miguel said we had to get to the dojo. His mother drove us to the dojo and left. All these new people make me nervous. Luckily I was able to change into more appropriate attire knowing that my father might force me to participate. He's a bit intense.

"La serpiente! What's up man?" I hear a voice call from behind us. They bro hug and my eyes scan the guy as they do. He's definitely a rebel with his red colored and pointy Mohawk contrasting his light skin. I briefly notice a scar upon his upper lip and know it's from a cleft lip from birth. If I didn't heal, I'd probably have a similar scar from when Liam and I battling because we still couldn't control turning. He got me good on my lower face. I was more than relieved when it healed.

His green eyes connect with mine and he smirks thinking I was checking him out. "Who's the chick?"

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "The chick is standing right here and is perfectly capable to answer herself," I retort and Miguel chuckles at my response and the boy's surprised expression.

"Well, what is it then?" He asks impatiently.

"That's for me to know and you to hopefully never find out," I say sarcastically. He narrows his eyes at me, and to say that I was tempted to flash my golden supernatural eyes felt like an understatement. Let's just say my control over my newfound abilities isn't always there.

So before I could lose control I turn around and walk into the dojo without them. An old fire smell greets my nose along with sweat. This is not how I imagined my first day here.

"What the hell happened here?" Miguel wonders out loud as the two walk in behind me. My gaze switches to a girl that is wearing a karate gi as she speaks up.

"Looks like sensei threw a party," she jokes shrugging a little. A crunching sounds under my foot as I step forward. A party with fire and glass?

"Must of been pretty sick of fire got involved," Mohawk marvels with an excited grin. The girls attention turns to me as she sees that I'm standing by Miguel.

"Who're you? Here to become badass like the rest of us," she smiles at me with confidence.

"Hmm.. That's insinuating that I'm not already badass. I can assure you that I could take any of you on any day," I respond with the same level of confidence if not more. The boys, ohhh, in surprise at my response. To show that I'm not a complete bitch I step forward with my hand held out. "I'm Jade."

"What how come she gets your name and I didn't?" Mohawk speaks putting up his hands in disbelief. All I do I shrug and the girl takes my hand shaking it.

"Aisha."

"Quiet!" My father demands. My eyes narrow at him, but to my surprise they all listen. He walks up towards the crowd of new bees. "The dojo is closed to new students today."

"We just wanted to sign up after we saw the tournament," one of the kids tries.

"Do I need to say it again? Get out!" My dad uses his sensei voice. They all pile out in disappointment, but my dad makes sure to tell them to come back tomorrow with check books.

"Everyone fall in!"

I watch as the all stand in their spots on the mat so I awkwardly stand to the side of the class. Some of them give me looks wondering why I'm still here. Ignoring them I watch my dad, curious as to how he teaches. My phone starts buzzing with multiple texts. Sighing I hope the pack hasn't gotten into trouble already. We just got done with berserkers, a death list, and some psycho Kate Argent. I was new to it all still and already have had enough trauma for a lifetime.

DarthVader (Stiles)
Did you find your dad
Did you kill anyone
R u alive
Answer me!

Malia
Answer Stiles!
He's driving me crazy

I roll my eyes beginning to text back. Yes mom!
Found him and all good here. No one is dead yet.

"Celebrating what? That my students are a bunch of pussies?" I suddenly hear my dad say. I'm sorry, what did he say? "Diaz. Hawk. Up front!"

"Hawk. Did you attack your opponent when his back is turned?" He circles around them to intimidate them.

"Yes, sensei."

"Diaz. Did you purposely attack your opponents injury?"

"Yes,sensei." The two boys slightly glance at each other in confusion at their sensei's behavior.

"You think that makes you badass?" Neither answer, confused at why they are being yelled at for winning.

"What's the matter? Too tough a question for you? Maybe you need some help. Miss Robinson! Two cobras in the jungle. One kills the strongest lion, the other kills a crippled monkey. Which cobra do you want to be?"

"The one that kills the lion sensei," Aisha answers, now also confused.

"And why is that?"

"Because it killed the stronger animal."

"Correct! Cobra Kai is about being badass! And the baddest badass is the one who beats his opponent when he's at his strongest," my dada teaches pacing in front of his students with authority. "Not when his back is turned! Not when he's injured! Is that understood?"

"Yes! Sensei!"

"Which means no more cheating! No more fighting dirty. From here on out, those are pussy moves... and you don't want to be pussies do you?"

"No,sensei!"

"Good. That's why I had you wear your white belts. We're starting over. Diaz, Hawk. 50 push-ups on your knuckles. Miss. Robinson warm them up."

They all do what my father says but not without annoyance. I scrunch my nose, not sure how to feel about his teaching style, but it low key reminds me of Coach in Beacon Hills. Turning I follow him into his office and watch as he starts to sort through some stuff on his desk. "I thought they won your last tournament," I comment playing with my fingers.

"They did. Not the right way," he simply responds not looking up at me. Diaz walks in, interrupting anything I could've responded with. "Wanna join, you can have opinion. Otherwise, it's my dojo," he tells me bluntly. I roll my eyes.

"Fine. I'll join." He finally raises his eyes to look at me, amusement written in his eyes.

"Push up with the boys. Go," he demands.

"Got it, sensei," I salute without argument. Mostly because I could do this without a sweat, plus I can't have special treatment. Without a word I go to the side of the dojo with the other two teens and they pause staring at me as I get on the dirty mat and begin push ups, on my knuckles. After doing two and them still staring I look up. My eyes meeting there's.

"You aren't going to stare all day are you?" They quickly shake their heads and proceed to do this torture. They start panting and sweating near 35 and I could only smile as I continue without a sweat. Oh how I love werewolf strength and durability.

"How the hell are you just ok after that?" Miguel wonders as they look up at my standing form as they drink most of their water already.

"I played lacrosse with boys back at my old school," I say as an excuse.

"No girl team?"

"Nope. Just boys." They nod, but clearly don't believe me. I shrug and turn around to talk to my dad.