3

Jade's POV
I was doing jab punches with the rest of the class. When my ears pick up the conversation that Diaz and my dad were having in his office.

"Punishing us for winning the tournament?" Miguel asks.

"I'm teaching you a lesson."

"Yeah. What about "no mercy." You taught us to win at all costs," Miguel asks. My eyes drift to the mantra on the wall as I punch when the rest do.

"Yeah. Well, maybe I'm still learning a bit too."

"I just don't understand. You had no problem with us attacking anyone else. Why take pity on Robby Keene?" My curiosity peaks at my half brother's name. The question has been on my mind since I arrived. Wonder what he's up to?

"Look. I wasn't taught the difference between mercy and honor.. and I paid the price for it. If I'm extra hard on you, it's only because you have the potential to be better than I ever was. You want that don't you?"

"Yes, sensei."

"Good. Alright stop whining like a little bitch and get out there and finish your drills."

"Ok. And by the way your daughter is definitely Cobra Kai material. She's not even breaking a sweat sensei." I could feel their eyes on me as I punch with the other kids.

"Yeah. Well she has karate blood in her." My dad doesn't know about my newfound abilities and I don't know if I could ever break the news to him.

Multiple training exercises later, class was finally over. I know how to fight, but not any proper moves so this was definitely an experience.

"Hey, I have to run some errands. You can go home  if want. Or you can come with," my dad offers.

"Um, I'll go with if you don't mind." He nods and we leave the dojo before getting to the car, Aisha stops me calling me over. A girl in her car is sitting there, she looks disappointed for some reason. "What's up?"

"This is my bestie, Sam." Aisha gestures to the girl.

"Hi," she greets a bit shy. I smile and wave back.

"Hey, I'm Jade," I greet.

"It's like your friends already! Hey! Why don't you and Sam hang out?" Aisha suddenly suggests. Both of us look at her like she's crazy. "Oh, come on. You both like me, which means maybe you two will get along perfectly.. Yeah?"

I shrug and Sam shrugs too. "I could use a few new friends," I say. "I'll tell my dad to leave without me."

She nods and I run over telling my dad to go without me. I laugh seeing almost relief in him. Too much parenting in a day I'm guessing.  This is kind of weird but Aisha clearly didn't want Sam to be alone for some reason, and I didn't mind taking one for the team.

I awkwardly get into her car. It's a nice one with no roof up. Aisha already is gone leaving us to fend for ourselves. "So what's good around here? You hungry?"

"Oh yeah. Um well there's this good sandwich place. Want to go?" I nod quickly and she laughs at my quickness to answer.

"What?! I love sandwiches! And food," I defend myself. We drive there with the music on the radio on high. We both start to sing with Shawn Mendes.

"Your words cut deeper than a knife..
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life..
Gotta feeling that I'm goin under
But I know that I'll make it out alive.."

My mind breifly flashes to the berserkers. Their long claws slash at my chest and they leave me for dead in the tunnels in Mexico. Liam running up to me in panic with pack behind him. "Jade," his voice yells. "Jade!"