13

3rd POV
It's almost nighttime and Tory and Miguel went to his place. Miguel is running around like a maniac while Tory watched him pack a bag full of questionable items.

"I can't believe this... this..." Miguel mutters heavily under his breath, shoving a flashlight in his bag. Tory crosses her arms and shakes her head at her newest friend. "Of course, she's one of them. I mean the one person that I- that. You know?"

"Miguel," Tory tries to get his attention but he's still muttering to himself. "Miguel!"

He stops and stares at her with a grumpy look. "Tory?"

"I don't know what you think you're doing but going to find Jade is going to get you killed. Whether from her friends or those psychopaths, but this," Tory pauses holding up a kitchen knife that she took out of his backpack, "this isn't going to do shit."

Sighing heavily, he steps back out of angst and then raises his arms with his next words. "So, what then? We let those, those things that you say are her friends save her. What if they aren't here to help and they're the bad guys?! And we can't just do nothing!"

"Ok. Geez. Don't get your panties in a twist," Tory retorts with a bit of annoyance on her face. "Let's go."

"W-what? Right now?"

"Yes, dufus, right now."

As they were leaving though, they came face to face with Robby. His face contorted with worry. "Thank god. My dad is gone, and I saw a map where he marked this place and I think-" Robby starts holding up the map with a similar look of determination, only to get cut off by Miguel.

"That's where Jade is? Yeah, we know, you're late to the party," Miguel retorts to the pest he feels he can't get rid of, not really wanting to work with the guy that he's been rivals with. In that attitude, they try to walk past him.

"Wait, I'm coming too. She's my sister," Robby demands with no room for negotiation. The other boy sighs loudly, exasperated.

"Hey. Just forget about your differences for a night. We need all the help we can get," Tory tells her friend before walking after him. Groaning, Miguel follows the girl in charge.

The three headed out to the destination that they overheard the others talking about. And when they got there, they stood across the street from a large, abandoned building. The street is hardly lit with lights and there were creeps around what seemed to be every corner, probably homeless walking about. This put them on edge as they stared at the building with tense nerves.

"Are you sure this is the place? It's huge," Tory asks both of the boys. She looks to the side at one and then the other. Robby and Miguel both nod with dissonance.

"This is it. You both don't have to do this with me. I get it if you're scared," Miguel lies but with a tone of understanding. Tory chuckles and takes out her phone for a flashlight since they only brought one. With confident steps she takes lead to cross the street.

Both boys exchange looks as if she's crazy or brave. Robby rolls his eyes and follows after her first. Hesitantly, Miguel takes in a deep breath and jogs to catch up.

Although once they reach the run-down building, the teens feel the need to turn back. Echoes hit them as a monstrous roar reverberates through the air. Miguel's eyes widen and he gulps trying to keep up with Tory's quick steps. The girl herself is nervous but it's not the first time she heard sounds alike, seeing as she's a werewolf as well.

They follow down the hall that they first entered in, the growling and gunshots getting louder and louder. At the first turn, Tory gasps and ducks as an arrow wizzes over her head. "Holy shit! Holy shit!"