4

Jade's POV
The next morning I was buzzing with nerves and all I could do was keep moving. "Nope. Not today," I say snatching the slim jim from my dad's hands. Then I put a plate of eggs and toast in front of him. He shrugs and shovels the food away within two seconds. I already ate earlier, so I was fine. Plus I made sure to clean up the place and make it smell more like lemons than beer. My dad nods almost out of approval once he actually takes notice, but doesn't say much about it.

We soon leave to the dojo despite the fact that it was the last thing on my mind. He gave me a karate outfit and seems more excited than me about it. It's just weird to wear in my opinion. Lydia would definitely not approve. Miguel came along with us in my dad's new suped up car. He made the mustang black with a yellow strip down the middle and it has cobra Kai designs.

I sit in the back since I feel like I don't want attention right now. An AC/DC song plays on the radio and we all bob our heads to the beat. Amusement fills my eyes, noticing that they look alike with their sunglasses on. At a stop sign we pull up by a car with two other girls in it both of which staring at the two. Miguel looks over.

"Don't look, play it cool," my dad advises not even seeing him. Miguel quickly obliged, more like his son than I am his daughter.

Soon we arrive to the dojo a bit too early. Which gives me time to plan. I have chains, minor control but not nearly enough. I need a secluded place. But I've no clue where one could be. And the only other thing that I would love to have is someone to help me stay in control. An alpha. I'm basically what Derek would call an omega at this point. With no one to help me.

"What do you think Jade?" The question snaps me out of my thoughts. Raising my head back up from the floor, I realize that the dojo is packed all of a sudden.

"Think about what?" I ask not even hiding that I am completely oblivious or distracted.

"The newbies," Aisha tries to clarify. Hawk and Aisha both give me a concerned look.

"I was thinking Mary-Kate and Asshat," Aisha says pointing to the new kids. One with a darker skin tone and the other with light skin and curly hair. They stand there awkwardly, clearly uncomfortable with the Cobra Kai welcome.

"Well, I'm Chris and.." the tall darker one tries to speak up only for Hawk to interrupt.

"Did I say you could speak?!" Hawk raises his voice like he's in charge. I just roll my eyes and stand up. Miguel comes over as I do.

"Guys, look, they're just messing with you," Miguel comes and shakes Chris' hand. "Besides everyone know your names are Assface and Douchebag."

We chuckle at the names, picking on the new kids. No harm done, just some jokes. "Hey, what were you thinking about?" Aisha suddenly asks me and the boys turn their attention to me.

"Um, I was just thinking about if there's anyplace that's secluded and quiet around here," I say a bit mindlessly, not realizing it sounds weird and creepy.

"Planning to kill someone without us Jay," Hawk jokes and gives me the nickname. The sound of the bell on the door distracts all of us and we all look to see an old man come in, but not crazy old. His face scans everyone like an intimidation tactic with clear as day judgment. My brows raise as I get the classic Stiles bad guy vibes. Kind of like the spider tingle in Spider-Man.

"Jesus Christ," he swears with distaste in his tone.

"Who's that?" Hawk asks Miguel.

"I don't know." Miguel walks in front of the guy, blocking his way from getting to the office. "Uh, can I help you sir?"

"No. But maybe I can help you," the old man says and I scrunch my face. This guy is weird. Not liking the look in his eyes, I pull Miguel back by his arm and stand slightly in front of him. The man notices and gives me the same look. My fists curl as I try to hold back a growl.