𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙌𝙪𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝

╔══《✧》══╗

╚══《✧》══╝

A few weeks had passed and no new letter had arrived, leaving Sirius Black slightly disappointed. To distract his mind, he'd been seen snogging faces more often than before.

However, one October morning, a second letter was delivered to Sirius. His face lit up when his eyes landed upon the familiar coloured envelope. Hastily, he reached for it, before feeling the gaze of his friends on him and slowing his pace. Once having extracted the parchment, his grey eyes began drawing in every word.

Dearest Padfoot,

Sirius' eyes widened at this, paranoia overtaking him for perhaps someone other than his friends might have uncovered his secret. But the next line calmed him down.

Not sure why you and your friends use those nicknames but it's kind of cute.

Anyways, I like the new change in you, well... at least a try, to not just go hexing anyone just for the fun of it.

Sirius grimaced, recalling the reason why James and himself had tried to be a bit kinder, as at the end of last year a very ugly fight had ensued involving the pair of friends, Severus Snape, a Slytherin in their year that they detested and Lily Evans.

Also, thank you for being truly happy, as watching you happy makes me feel good as well.

At the last few words, Sirius looked up, skimming through the Great Hall in case he caught someone gazing at him, maybe the writer behind the letters. Coming up empty handed, Sirius shook his head with slight disappointment before returning to finish reading the letter.

Good luck for the Quidditch match next week, I know you'll do excellent like always. For me, you really are the brightest, just like the dogstar you're named after.

Love,

Your secret admirer

Sirius pocketed the letter, only for James to pipe up.

"Who was that from?" He suspiciously asked.

"What, that? It was from Mia." The grey eyed boy replied, referring to James' mother, Euphemia Potter. James did a once over before shrugging, still slightly suspicious, and turning over to Remus, bugging the werewolf to do his homework which was due for Transfiguration, which happened to be their first lesson for the day.

Sirius fell quiet, his mind racing. Why do I care? Should I even bother replying? Absentmindedly he ran a hand through his hair.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*