𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙

╔══《✧》══╗

╚══《✧》══╝

That brief encounter with Olivia Walker had Sirius thinking. He felt as if the Ravenclaw had been trying to convey something to him, but then again, he assumed perhaps his obsession with the letters had him overthinking. Sirius had been watching Marlene closely over the past while, who had something hidden behind her mask of happiness. Sirius wondered what Marlene was hiding.

His question was answered however, when a few days later, on an early December morning, he overheard an excited conversation between Marlene and her friends in the library.

"I sent Dorcas Meadowes, you know Dorcas the girl that was two years ahead of us, a letter telling her how I feel." Marlene paused, grinning, "and she replied saying she feels the same!" Lily and Alice squealed.

"That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!" Lily said.

"It's about time you two got together." Alice expressed softly.

Marlene nodded happily. "Dorcas and I are going to spend the winter break together! I hope it goes well."

Sirius, who was hiding behind a bookshelf, realized why Marlene seemed panicked about him trying to read her letter. It must have been a personal letter to Dorcas Meadowes telling her how she felt. Sirius gently smiled, happy for Marlene, as she was a great girl and deserved happiness. But, Sirius also could now eliminate Marlene as a suspect. This left Rina, Ki and now, due to the signals Sirius felt she was hinting at him, Olivia Walker.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Why can't you just show yourself?!" Sirius yelled, standing up from his bed.

"Um, what?" Peter said bewildered, as he along with James and Remus looked at Sirius in surprise. The group were in their dormitory late one evening, having a conversation about, well, life.

Sirius cringed, "I said that out loud, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did." Remus confirmed, making Sirius shut his eyes and sigh in embarrassment.

"Pads, you alright?" James asked seriously, noticing Sirius not acting as his normal self.

"Yes, no, maybe- No, I'm not alright." Sirius answered.

"Well, something has been bothering you, you've been acting weird, weirder than your usual idiotic self anyways." Remus stated, earning grins from Peter and James while Sirius rolled his eyes.

"That's our sassy werewolf." James exclaimed, getting up to thump Remus on the back, who lurched forwards slightly at the sudden contact.

"Anyways," Remus began saying as he adjusted himself comfortably on his bed again, sending a glare at James who only gave a cheeky grin in return, "you mind telling us what's going on? Because not only have you been acting weird, I believe you also have been lying to us."