𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝘼 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚

╔══《✧》══╗

╚══《✧》══╝

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day had been an extraordinary experience for Sirius as before he had only gotten the chance to visit the Potters on their ball that they hosted, either on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve every year.

Sirius had enjoyed every moment of it. Celebrating Christmas with the Potters was very special for him, as back in his ancestral home, they did very little, which meant that his parents invited family and friends over that Sirius despised.

Sirius Black had loved every second of Christmas in Potter Manor, as he felt overwhelmed that the Potters were so loving and Sirius felt a part of their wonderful home. He couldn't have asked for a better family than this.

Right now, Sirius was in James' room along with Remus and Peter, who had been invited to stay over for the New Year and the remainder of the break. Now, the boys were eagerly looking at the clock, waiting for the small hand to finally hit twelve and announce a new year.

"Well, a new year means bigger and better pranks." James said as he played with the Golden Snitch he had nicked during Quidditch practices, sprawled lazily across his bed.

"Sure thing, anything that will make you shut your nagging of Lily not liking you." Remus retorted, whilst reading his book on the ground.

James frowned, turning to lay on his stomach so he could look at his friend, "I do not nag."

"You do." Remus said.

"Do not!" James replied.

"Actually, Prongs, you do." Peter interjected.

"I do not, Wormy!"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." Sirius commented with a smirk.

The young Potter threw a glare at all his friends, before letting his head fall onto his mattress, releasing a groan.

"You guys will be the end of me." He mumbled.

"More like you will be the end of us." Remus muttered.

"Shut it, Moony." James said back.

"Uh, guys, there's about fifteen seconds left until the clock hits twelve." Peter interrupted before they all began fighting again. This caused all the boys to look up at the clock, and it showed eleven seconds left.

"Countdown, go!"

"Ten! Nine! Eight!" They all shouted, standing up. "Seven! Six! Five!" James was jumping excitedly on his bed. "Four! Three!" James jumped onto Remus' back, catching the latter by surprise. "Two! One!"