Chapter 25

Jess

"Did you get it?" I ask into my phone. I was talking to one of my best friends, Kyle. "Yeah man, it's great, you sure about this?" He asks. "Yup, of course, I am, I love her," I answer before hanging up.

I walk out of the bathroom and then went down to the kitchen. I walked up to Emily and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Good morning, princess," I say. "Morning, daddy," she says as she takes a sip of orange juice from her Cinderella cup.

Crystal was at the stove making scrabble eggs and I walked over to her. I then wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck. "Good morning, beautiful," I say, giving her a smile. "Good morning baby," she says.

She spins around, turning towards me and wraps her arms around my neck. She then leans into me and plants a chaste kiss on my lips. I pull her closer and deepened the kiss. Seconds later she pulls away. "Go sit beside Em ( Emily), I'll finish cooking," she says and gives me one last kiss before turning me in Ems's direction.

"Oh, babe, I'm taking you out later," I tell her. Don't worry about Emily my mom is babysitting, I add.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

After breakfast, I went out to get things in preparation for later on today. I just hope she says yes. I hired a few people to help me with this as well as some of my friends.

I've been jittery thinking about this all week and to be honest I'm very nervous.

I park my car in the lot of this famous flowers store. I grab my phone out of my centre console and get out.

There was a house illuminated sign with Delight Florals It had different flowers and plants on it too.

I opened the door to the store and is greeted by beautiful floral arrangements. "May I help you with something?" A store worker asks.

"Ah yes, What would be the best flowers to give to the love of your life?" I ask the worker. "I would say carnations," the worker replies.

"Could you show me some, please?" I ask politely. "Sure Sir, follow me," she says before walking away.

She brings me over to a relatively long table with all types of carnations. "I'll have a bouquet with the red, white and pink ones, please," I say.

"Sure, you can take a seat over there while you wait," she says.

About 15 minutes later I was able to walk out with a bouquet of carnations. Now it's time to go home to the love of my life and my amazing daughter.

>>>>>>>>>>>

I see Em in the living room, watching Paw patrol. I walk over to her and kiss her on the head before going to find Crystal.