The trial of the Hippogriff

Started writing on 8-01-2022, 9 A.M.

Percy's P.O.V.

"Goin to fight Buckbeak's case tomorrow. Dumbledore wants Peter Johnson to come with us as witness." 

The scroll had arrived by owl post at 8 in the morning, at breakfast. It was Sunday, and thus they had a free day. 

Harry was the receiver of the post. Peter, Ginny, Ron and Hermione gathered around to read it. Percy's dyslexia had apparently reduced ever since being an immortal, yet it did not go away completely as he was still a demigod. 

"Why Per? Aouswee there." Ron exclaimed, while chewing on his food. 

"Ronald Weasley! Chew on your food completely before speaking." Hermione scolded. Crookshanks as if on cue, jumped on Ron's plate, spilling the food everywhere.

"GET THE BLOODY CAT AWAY FROM HERE!" Ron shouted after swallowing the food. Many stares where thrown at us, but Percy's glare made them turn away their heads. Percy was no fan of cats. Even though he liked cats as cute creatures, but well - cats and water don't mix well.

"It was because maybe, I was the one to shout at him after Beaky threw Malfoy down, and that Crabbe-Goyle incident." Percy didn't say anything more.

"You understood what Ron said?"

Percy nodded. "Kinda. Yeah. I also used to eat food like that, before - ".

Again that painful look. All the four others noticed the look, but didn't say any word. Percy trailed off, his eyes were turning less bluer. A minute or two passed away with an awkward silence. Finally Percy broke out of his trance.

"So, where was I? Oh. Ok then. I must get going to Hagrid's house then. Have a nice week end" Peter swallowed the remaining pumpkin juice in one go, before standing up from his table, and making his way to Hagrid's cabin.

"Hagrid. You called for me?" Percy asked.

"Yea. Dumbledore called for ye tellin that ye would be the witness of the entire time." Hagrid's eyes then dropped a little. "Please try ye'r best to convince them." he said almost pleadingly. 

"I will"

"So, how exactly are we going there?" Percy asked Dumbledore as they walked outside the Hogwarts entrance. "Not by walking right?"

"Not quite." Dumbledore chuckled to himself. "We are apparating. Hold on tight." 

Percy grabbed Dumbledore's arm, while Hagrid took out a large pink umbrella. Whoosh.

"Today, we are in the presence of the council for treatment against harmful magical creatures, to discuss the fate of a particular hippogriff from Hogwarts named as Buckbeak, which is under the care of Hagrid, current Care of Magical Creatures Professor and gate keeper at Hogwarts." Cornelius Fudge's voice ran through the hall. "Lucius Malfoy, please start."

Lucius Malfoy or as Percy preferred to call him Octavian 2.0 straightened up a bit, before standing up and reading from a paper.

 "To present this case, the charges against the beast are that it knocked down a completely innocent boy, and almost ate the wrist of another Hogwarts student. The knocked out student is Draco Malfoy, who is my son. He has been under the custody of Madam Pomphrey. It was a near fatal wound enough to kill Draco, had not been put to safety immediately. Vincent Crabbe was the other student to have been harmed by the hippogriff. The beast managed to almost- "