A Super Daycare Attendant

(A/N)
(This fic is also published on Archive of our Own if you guys want to go check it out there as well! The user name is different, but it is still me)
———————————
———————————
The next day when you came back to work, you had talked with Susie about switching your position and being a full time closing daycare attendant. She seemed to find that interesting, since she remembers how you used to talk about your distaste for children, but she decided to give it a shot. They didn't have anyone scheduled for closing this week anyway, and since you had offered they didn't see a problem with it. The only catch was that you had to stay later then usual to help clean up and make sure Sun was working properly.
That couldn't be too hard to do. The next time sun seen you, you were wearing the Uniform for the daycare, which consisted of sweatpants and a staff hoodie. Again, both were very comfortable. This time however, you weren't getting terrorized by Moon.
At least, not yet. You would probably encounter him later tonight.

Sunny was making hand puppets out of brown paper bags for the children. Pasting some googley eyes with onto the brown paper. You take a seat besides him, and pick up one of the finished puppets. "Nice puppets you got there...mind if I help you make some?" You smiled. Sunny seemed ecstatic to see you here. "Starlight! Did you get moved to the daycare?" They we're excited. Pulling you in for a hug. "Yeah...I work here for the rest of the week Sunny...and if it goes well, management will move me to be here permanently!" You we're glad to see him so happy. Standing up as you handed the puppet you were messing with back to him.
"I'm going to go help sign some children out for the day- if you need me, I won't be far...most likely I'll be at the security desk signing children in or out, and making sure it all goes smoothly" you patted him on the shoulder, and went off towards the desk. Taking a seat as you started your work. You and Sunny were the only workers in the daycare, besides an older lady named Helen. Helen was kind of grouchy, and she often got an attitude with the children or the parents. Walking around as if she owned the place, when really, Sunny did if we were calling shots.
You leaned back in your office chair, surveying the room when you spotted Helen shouting at a child for running, when they were clearly playing a game of tag. What a heartless person. Sundrop skipped his way over to you, leaning against the desk.
"Whatcha up to, (Y/ N)?" He hummed. Trying to peek over the desk so he could see the computer screen.

"Well..." you smiled. Moving your arms out from behind your head. "Currently I'm looking at a Google spreadsheet of all the children who's parents should be here to sign them out in the next hour. If one of them doesn't show up, I get to do this fun thing called using the phone, which means I enter their phone number and then-"
"I know what a phone is, Starlight! That all sounds very technical. You are smart though, so it shouldn't be a problem!"

At least someone thought you were smart.

"Yeah...it's not that difficult...just takes some getting used to-"
You were both rudely interrupted by Helen. "Hey Laffy Taffy, get over here and watch these kids. I can't do everything by myself!" she crossed her arms, clearly not amused by You and Suns conversation. Her life must be pretty miserable to want to yell at an animatronic who's purpose was to literally make people happy.
"I...I'm...I'll be over there in a minute..." Sunny seemed to sulk. Waving to you as he took long strides towards the pack of preschoolers gathered around their coloring books.
This was going to be a long day. At least while that old lady was here bossing Sundrop around.
Just while sitting there working the computer you had seen her continue to bitch and make remarks towards her robotic coworker.

You decided to try and talk to her.

This would be...interesting.
Upon taking a deep breath, and mustering up some courage as you sprang from your seat, you marched over to the absolute witch of a woman that you called a coworker.

"Hey, um...Helen...could I ask you a couple questions...?"

She grumbled in response.
Note taken.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you why it is...that you found it...appropriate,
To make Sun so...Miserable?"

Those were the words you were looking for. Good job (Y/N).

Helen didn't think you did a good job though. What an old bitch.
"Make that thing miserable? You've got to be kidding me!"

Here we go.

"I have to put up with him every day! I clock in, and half the time I have to redirect him to do his damn job instead of drawing pictures or playing hide and go seek!" She put her hands on her hips. Pressing her index finger Into your chest angrily. "You try actually having a conversation with that freak of a machine. Tell me how easy it is!"

Oh you have definitely been there and done that. Besides the parts where he was either too upset with you to listen, too infatuated with you to speak, or too busy fucking you, the conversations could actually be really nice. Helen never needed to know that though.

"Well maybe if you actually tried to be nice to him, he would listen, and then you wouldn't have to be so rude all the time" you spat. Seeing some parents starting to line up at the desk as you took a deep breath.
"Now, Helen, if you need me, I'll actually be doing my job, and not just complaining to myself"
You climbed back into your chair, and started typing away.

Sundrop had been watching from one of the exits of the windows of the play place this whole time, and it was taking everything in him not to just kill you with kisses. He had never had anyone stick up for him before.
Poor thing.

He would definitely have to reward you for being so good to him.
————————————-
————————————-
(A/N)
(Next chapter will contain smut! Thank you all for staying updated :) I'm trying to get chapters out as fast as I can, so if you see any errors, I'm sorry!)