Seven: Unexpected Transfer

"Can I come with you to training today please?" I asked my older brother Andy, as he came downstairs dressed in his Liverpool FC training gear.

"Why?" Andy asked.

"Just want to." I shrugged.

"Sure it isn't coz you wanna see Trent?" Andy questioned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned.

"Nothing." Andy said innocently.

"You do realise me and Trent are just friends, right?" I clarified.

"Whatever you say." Andy said.

"We are!" I insisted.

"You do realise that he's the enemy?" Andy asked.

"Huh? Oh, I get it, you're being stroppy coz he's gonna win the assist competition." I teased.

"We don't know that yet!" Andy cried.

"You've got 13, he's got 15, I don't see you overtaking him in the last game of the season." I told Andy.

"And you've stolen him from me from outside of football; he spends more time with you than with me!" Andy pouted.

"Any surprise when you're constantly complaining?" I joked.

"Whatever! Just go and get ready if you're coming, we have to leave in ten minutes." Andy said.

So I headed upstairs and threw on some grey trackies, a white crop top and the hoodie that matched my trackies, leaving the zip undone. I tied my hair into a high ponytail, then threw on my trainers and made my way out to the car where Andy was waiting for me.

Before long we were arriving at training, and I was taking my seat in the spectators area, where family members can sit if they're watching the players train. I noticed Trent came out a bit later than the others, but I didn't think anything of it – he's usually slow. The training session passed by quickly, and soon enough Andy and Trent were coming up to meet me.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"Alright?" Andy replied.

"Hi." Trent muttered. I frowned – something's wrong. He's usually so upbeat and happy to see me, but today he looks like he'd rather be seeing literally anyone else.

"Are you okay?" I asked Trent.

"Fine." Trent answered. Liar!

"I'm gonna go to the car." Andy said, giving Trent a tap on the shoulder before scurrying off. What am I missing here?

"What was all that about?" I giggled. Trent took a seat next to me.

"We need to talk." He announced.

"Okay." I said, trying to not to show that I'm nervous – what does he want to talk about?

"Look this is gonna come as a shock." Trent warned me. I nodded anxiously – where is this going?

"I'm gonna be leaving Liverpool at the end of the season." My mouth fell open – Trent's supposed to be a one club man, the scouser in our team.

"What!" I cried.

"I know I said I was always gonna play for Liverpool. But for me, my career's gonna expand and get better if I move. I'm transferring Barcelona and I'm moving out there on Tuesday after our Champions League final on Saturday." Trent explained.

"That's soon." I realised...Trent's leaving in less than a week.

"I know. But I decided the sooner I get out there and start training, the better." Trent said. I nodded, still in shock.