Thirteen: Oversleeping

It was no secret that Trent liked his sleep. And he always looked cute doing it, his head buried into the pillow, duvet pulled right up to his chin, his lips slightly parted and the gentle breathing that escaped them.

However, he wasn't cute when he was forced to wake up earlier than usual to catch a flight to an away game abroad. Trent usually woke up for training at 8am, however tomorrow he would be flying to Spain for the away fixture against Athletico Madrid in the group stages of the Champions League, meaning he had to be awake at 6:30am tomorrow in order to catch his flight there.

He'd have plenty of time to catch up on his sleep as the players would all get an early night for the game on Tuesday, but the plane was leaving early tomorrow so the group could have a training session during the day to prepare them for the heat.

"Is your alarm set?" I asked Trent.

"Mm." He mumbled sleepily, his eyes already closed.

"Well, goodnight then sleepy head." I giggled, turning off my bedside lamp sending the room into darkness.

"Love you." Trent said quietly, still half asleep.

"Love you too." I said back, glad he couldn't see my blushing and therefore avoiding him teasing me.

Soon enough I heard his breathing even out into delicate snores, meaning he was asleep. I fell asleep myself only a short while later.

~

I woke up that morning and flicked on my phone to check the time – 7:30am. Trent would've already left. I'd told him to wake me up so I could say goodbye to him before he flew away for a couple of days, but he must've forgotten, or just didn't want to wake me up. I was a little upset about it as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

But that was when I realised...The duvet next to me was still puffed up, as if there was someone under it. I turned my head to Trent's pillow, and there he was, sound asleep, as if he wasn't late for his flight and didn't have to be at the airport in under half an hour. It was a good twenty minute drive away, and Trent still hadn't finished packing his bag.

"Trent!" I cried, not too loudly, gently shaking his sleeping figure.

"Mm." Trent mumbled groggily. "Ten more minutes."

"No, no more minutes, you're supposed to be leaving right now." I told him.

"Huh?" Trent's eyes shot open as he checked the clock. "Shit!"

"I asked you last night if you'd set your alarm, did it not go off?" I asked in a panic, climbing out of bed and getting Trent's shirt out of his drawer. Trent blushed.

"I must've turned the alarm off instead of hitting snooze." He mumbled.

"Look, you get dressed, I'll finish packing your bag – what do you need?" I asked.

"Toothbrush, washbag, pyjamas...I think that's it." Trent said. "Oh, and my charger."

Trent unplugged his phone and half-heartedly threw the charger towards his bag, missing horrendously.

"I hope your crosses are more accurate than that tomorrow." I teased, picking up the charger and folding it up neatly before placing it in the bag.

"Fingers crossed." Trent smiled, climbing out of bed and heading for the bathroom.

I heard him brushing his teeth, presumably so he could pack his toothbrush, before he re-joined me in the bedroom to get dressed, yawning as he walked.

"I'm so tired." Trent groaned, flopping down onto the bed and closing his eyes.

"No, there's no time for that bub, you need to get dressed." I said softly, pulling Trent up into a seating position.