Eight: Not Understanding The Language

A/N: This one's sort of a part 2 to the previous one

Two weeks after Trent had left for Barcelona, I decided to go out and surprise him so he got to see a familiar face. Plus I want a holiday! I haven't booked a hotel – I'm relying on Trent letting me stay at his for the weekend; he did tell me I'm welcome whenever I want! Luckily I have the address, which I gave to my taxi driver at the airport and he took me there.

Trent's car wasn't on the drive when I arrived, but I knocked on the door anyway; unsurprisingly there was no answer. Trent must be at training or something. But it's the middle of June, they don't train then, do they? This is their time off. Trent's probably at the beach or something. I could phone him – but I wanted this to be a surprise. I guess I'll phone him tactically.

"Hey!" Trent answered the phone quickly and greeted me.

"Hey! How's your week been?" I asked. Last time I spoke to Trent was on Wednesday, two days ago, when I decided to book this trip.

"Yeah, not bad." Trent answered. "You?"

"Yeah, alright thanks. What are you up to?" I asked.

"I'm just enjoying the sun at the beach." I was correct. "I'll probably head home soon and chill by the pool."

"Oh yeah, your pool house!" I joked. I had actually forgotten that Trent had a pool in his garden.

"It comes in handy when the weather's so warm." Trent said.

"I bet it does!" I exclaimed.

"I already miss you a lot though." Trent sighed. I smiled. Little does he know...

"Yeah, me too. I think we're doing a good job so far though." I pointed out.

"Oh yeah, definitely!" Trent agreed. "What are you doing today then?"

"Oh, not a lot. Just chilling with Andy." I lied.

"Oh yeah, I saw on his Instagram that you guys were in Scotland." Trent said.

This was true, we were visiting our parents and grandparents. But mum and dad had been very supportive of my decision to go on my last minute trip to Barcelona – Andy less so! He's not a fan of mine and Trent's relationship – not sure whether that's because he's a protective big brother or because of the person I'm dating!

"Yeah, it's great. The weather's been pretty good so we've been having lots of barbecues." I said.

"And haggis, I bet." Trent joked.

"Ugh, stop, you know I hate that stuff!" I exclaimed – yes, unlike most Scots, haggis isn't my thing. Andy loves it though.

"Anyway, I'm gonna head home and I can't be on the phone and drive at the same time. I'll call you when I get back. Maybe we can FaceTime?" Trent suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good." I agreed.

"Bye." Trent said, before ending the call.

At least I know he's on his way. Fifteen minutes later, I heard the sound of a car pulling into the drive. Trent got out, dressed only in a pair of swimmers.

"Oh finally! I thought I'd got the wrong address!" I called out to him. I made him jump at first (I'd been sitting on the ground so he likely hadn't seen me), but as soon as he saw me he smiled widely.

"(Y/N)!" He cried, running over to where I was sat. "What the hell are you doing here?" Trent extended a hand to me, helping me up before wrapping me in a hug.

"Firstly, I wanted to see you and make sure you'd settled in okay, and secondly, I wanted a holiday." I explained. Trent laughed.

"Fair enough. It's so good to see you!" He gave me another hug, followed by a kiss.