Eleven: Jealousy

A/N: This one's connected to the last one; it's set a few years later

"I'm having a couple of the lads round after training tonight – you can join us if you want." Trent told me, rushing down the stairs in his training gear ready to head off to the AXA training centre.

"Maybe." I shrugged, pulling on my shoes.

Trent had insisted I join him at training today – it's the first training session since we moved in together last week and I think he wants to show off about it! Trent and I have been together for just over three years now. Ever since my cousin Jordan introduced us we've been close, and eventually, in the summer of 2017, Trent had asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course, I said yes. Since then he'd made quite the name for himself in the Liverpool first team, winning the Premier League, the Champions League, the Super Cup and the Club World Cup...and taking a corner quickly.

"Who's coming tonight?" I asked Trent.

"Erm...Hendo, Robbo, Virg, Neco and Curtis." Trent replied.

"And what are you doing?"

"Probably just gonna watch a movie or something." Trent shrugged.

"If you pick something decent I'll join you." I said, grabbing my handbag and throwing it over my shoulder before following Trent out to his car.

"I always pick decent movies." Trent said.

"Trent, last night you asked if we could watch Chicken Run." I pointed out.

Chicken Run is probably the worst movie ever made...plus why on Earth did a 21 year old want to watch it in the first place?

"It's a good film!" Trent cried.

"It is literally the worst movie to exist." I responded.

"It's better than Zootropolis." Trent smirked, purposely trying to annoy me. (A/N: Zootropolis is my favourite movie...I had to throw it in here)

"That isn't true and you know it. You, the self-proclaimed smartest man in Liverpool, didn't work out who was poisoning the animals." I retaliated.

"You do know I don't actually think I'm the smartest man in Liverpool, right? I mean, I'm up there, but I'm probably not the smartest." Trent said, trying to change the subject.

"Definitely not if you think Chicken Run is a good film." I mumbled.

"I heard that!" Trent told me.

Before long we were arriving at training. A couple other family members were there to watch as well. Watching Trent train is so fascinating to me. It's like an inside scope as to why he always plays so incredibly well, and I'm so lucky I occasionally get to see it. He did some free-kick practise as well, my favourite thing to watch him do. His proud smile when he scores one, to his annoyance and excuse-making when he misses. Him, Mo and Virgil have competitions sometimes, and he's always bitter when he loses...Trent hates to lose.

Before long the lads were going in for their lunch. I followed Trent into the lunchroom, and he sat with Hendo, Robbo and Virgil.

"So, how's the new place?" Virgil asked.

"Yeah, it's lovely." I smiled.

"Have you broken in the new bed yet?" Robbo asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Jordan almost choked on his water.

"Shut up man!" Trent exclaimed. Andy just laughed.

"I hope the answer's no." Jordan warned. Trent and I said nothing. Jordan is more like an uncle to me than a cousin and is very protective.