Twenty Two: Weird Hotel Room Vibes

Warning for a mention of blood - it will be marked with a * before and after so you can easily skip this section if this might affect you

After a long season, Trent and I were taking a well-deserved holiday in Malaga, Spain. He'd booked us a beautiful 5-star hotel right on the seafront for two weeks, and we would spend that time relaxing by the pool, swimming in the sea, exploring Spanish culture and just enjoying each other's company.

The two of us were just pulling up in front of our hotel, and I have to say it surpassed all my expectations. I'd seen pictures online, but it looked even more beautiful in person.

"Wow." I smiled, as the car came to a stop and the driver opened my door.

"This is gonna be a great holiday." Trent wrapped an arm around me as the driver got our luggage out of the boot. Trent paid him before he sped off.

Trent and I headed into the hotel hand in hand and approached the front desk. We checked in and got given the key card to our room for the next two weeks – a top floor suite. Trent scanned the key and opened the door, and we both headed inside.

We walked into the lounge, which had a large sofa with a TV in front of it, and there was a small kitchen and dining table. There was also a balcony with sun loungers and a table for eating outside. We walked through into the bedroom was spacious, with a huge double bed in the centre. Opposite the bedroom was the bathroom, which had a large bathtub and shower. Something was off about the bathroom though. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something didn't feel right.

"You okay?" Trent asked, joining me in the bathroom and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"It feels weird in here." I told him.

"You don't like the suite?" Trent questioned.

"No, the suite's amazing. I mean in here." I explained, signalling to the bathroom.

"How so?" Trent frowned.

"I don't know, I can't put my finger on it." I shrugged.

"Well, if it feels weird in here, why don't we head down to the pool?" Trent suggested. I turned to face him and smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Sounds like a plan." I agreed, before leaning up to give Trent a quick kiss.

The two of us changed into our swimwear and grabbed our towels before heading for the door. We spent a bit of time at the pool swimming, chilling, and making the most of the rest of the sunlight hours. Before long it was time for us to grab some dinner, and we spent a little bit of time at the bar before returning to our room for the night.

"So I was thinking tomorrow night we could go for dinner at this little seafood place like a ten minute walk from here." Trent suggested, opening the door to our room.

"Sounds nice." I agreed with a smile, stepping into the room.

But straight away, something was off. Very off. I'd expected the room to be like a sauna when we stepped inside, but instead it was freezing cold.

"Trent, did you leave the AC on before we went out?" I frowned.

"We have AC in here?" Trent asked. Well, that was a no then. I hadn't touched the AC either as I didn't know how it worked.

"Why d'you– oh, that's why." Trent answered his own question as he stepped into the cold room. He made his way over to the AC monitor, rubbing his arms.

"Nope, it's not turned on. And there's no windows open either, although if there were I'd have thought it would make the room hotter." Trent observed.