Chapter 5

"Camilo!"

The said Madrigal blinked at the call of his name from his mother. He turned around while holding your hand still. Camilo glanced at your hand on his before blushing, pulling his hand away and hiding it behind him, as if he didn't just held your hand and kissed it.

"Yes, Mama?" He nervously chuckled as he could see Pepa staring with widened eyes, and that ear to ear smile. He could already hear his mother and sister fishing out details as to how and why he knows you.

"Oh my, I didn't know you and Omi know each other," Constanza said it first, walking towards them to kiss their child, who in return placed a daisy on her hair. Constanza leaned down to hold your cheek, nuzzling it against hers as you nuzzled back. It was what you always do with her as a greeting.

Pepa went in and held Camilo's shoulders, massaging it with an excited grin, "Me neither, Consta, what a discovery."

"Pray tell, mi hijo, how did-" Camilo blushed before waving his máma shyly, looking around but on you. He glanced at you, apologetically smiling with a sweat on his temple because his mother might get a little to much of a fangirl. You noticed the sweat and reached for it, wiping it for him. A simple act caused him to blush horribly with Pepa teashing him.

You were tilting your head before laughing, "Tia Pepa, your son has been red from the last time I saw him, he probably is sick-" You paused before holding your chin, pondering about something, "Or...rather, he is homesick." You grinned at the pun, winking at Camilo who stared at you and nodded, grinning at your clever yet horrible pun.

Friedamour whistled at this, crossing her arms at the sight before tapping her foot, "You're late, pacèra, where did you go?" You waved at Camilo and Pepa as a temporary goodbye, politely dismissing their conversation as they exchanged expressions at each other.

You went to your máma and tiptoed to kiss her cheek, "I went to Abuela Maria because I thought you were there, Máma. I was hoping we could go home," you pouted at your mama who sweated and laughed nervously, carrying you up like a child. She walked around while saying sorry, "My bad, pacèra."

"I'll get to paint the next mural project as love offering! No buts," you strictly pointed your hand up and she nodded, smiling. "Alright alright, Omi. Now that you are here, can you go entertain our young guests? Me and your mami, along with your Tia Pepa will be cooking dinner. And they could need to bath as well."

You nodded before jumping out from her arms, "Sure, Máma!" You blew a kiss to your máma who received it and passed it to Constanza. The school teacher rolled her eyes and blew a kiss to you, where you grinned before bowing to Pepa and noticing Camilo's clothes.

"Eh," you blinked playfully as Camilo made an offended look. He nudged, "Hey, my poncho's adorable." You remarked, "Well, it's not the only thing that's adorable pequinen." He had his mouth slightly open, slouching before you pulled him, yanking him as you dragged him up.

"Ah, it's Dolores," you greeted her, bowing and waving, "Come with me, I'll prepare your bath in a bit." Dolores held her hands together, eyes looking like does as she smiled, "Thank you, Omilietta." You replicated her smile as you let Camilo walk on his own.

"How's your stay so far, Dolores? Carlos?" Dolores looked at you, wondering why you were calling her brother the wrong name. Camilo didn't even try to protest or explain so he could only walked beside her, slouching as if accepting it. "Your house is so quiet yet so comfortable, Omilietta, I wonder why we don't come here often." You thought of it for a while before talking.

"You-" pointing your finger at her, as you crossed your arm, "-have a magical house," you raised your brow, smiling playfully. "So I get why you don't go out as often or go to other houses. Well," you shrugged with a smile, "We also have a magical house, not as magical as yours, buuuuut-" You laughed, smiling and prolonging your last word.

"It's a home, and that doesn't need magic to make it special."

Dolores laughed softly, following you while glancing at Camilo who was beside you, holding the flower basket for you with a smile and a gaze on you in wonder and awe as you were busy filling his curly hair with dandelions, "How long have you two met?"

In unison, you two replied, "Just today." Dolores stared in disbelief, the both of you seemed to be friends already so she found it quite shocking. She will be telling their mama about this, as she told herself, "It seemed you met long enough."

You arrived at their rooms and waved, "I'll knock on your door after the baths have been prepared. We do have two bathrooms so you can both freshen up." You stared at the basket Camilo has been holding, "Oh how sweet of you, I didn't realized you held it for me."

Neither did he.

Camilo cleared his throat before giving it back to her, looking away, "Yeah, I thought you could need a hand," he played it off smoothly as you clapped your hand, smiling and goddamn Camilo prayed.

Your smile really makes his heart make a leap of faith and run a marathon.

Dolores grinned at Camilo's reaction, nudging him back to earth, "Thank you for your hospitality, Omilietta. You're too kind." You laughed shyly, holding your cheek as you fiddled with your hair, "Glad to be of service. The Sanchez are always there to offer hospitality and comfort, and the Madrigals are no exception to our treatment."

"You're so sweet, my brother here is already being surrounded by ants," Dolores teased where Camilo stared while groaning. He rolled his eyes playfully before nudging and laughing afterwards.

"I have to go now. I'll see you later once the preperation are done," you waved at them, smiling as you made your way to prepare the bath for the guests.

Dolores grinned and sneered at Camilo, who glanced and averted his eyes, backing away. The older Madrigal placed her hands on her waist and leaned down, looking down at him, "Someone has a little crush~"

"Who?" Camilo crossed his arms, raising his brow. "You? I never thought you would have one." Dolores was silent, and could only sigh. She went inside her room, leaving Camilo asking her what she mean, "Dolores! Dolores, who has a crush? Dolores!"

She simply ignored him.

°~°~°~°~°

Aaaaa!! We got over 500 reads! Correction, we got to 719 reads!! Thank you so much everyone! I just started the fanfic three days ago- so I'm really happy! I'm actually shy on asking for votes, but if I do get votes, I get extremely motivated to write and update everyday! ^^

It's completely optional, though! Just a small insight in my part! Also, I usually update around 3 am PST, so this is pretty early for me to publish (it's 11 pm by the time I type this.)

Anyways, thank you so much for reading!