Chapter 12

"Camilo seems to be awestruck~"

Mirabel nudged Camilo, loving to tease him as she pointed at him. The shapeshifting Madrigal groaned and rolled his eyes as Luisa even joined the teasing, asking as well about you. Isabela approached you and held your hand.

"Omilietta, right?" Isabela smiled while raising her brow, you nodded as she twirled you around, holding your hand and letting her flowers decorate your white dress.

"Pray tell, sweet pea, how come we never meet you?" Isabela tilted her head, her doe eyes were filled with questions about you as you chuckled nervously, swirling your dress filled with flowers. You clearly loved the dress before raising your head to Isabela.

You also wondered why, before smiling and laughing, "Carlos knows." Camilo scratched his cheek and grinned sheepishly.

Luisa blinked and leaned down a bit to whisper, "Carlos?" Dolores explained to her by whispering, "Omilietta's nickname for Milo, Luisa. It's them teasing him to be honest."

"Apparently, Sanchez here only stays at Tia Constanza and Tia Friedamor's inn center, and they're not as well as-" Camilo looked at you, not wanting to use words that might offend, "Uh..well..."

Rolling your eyes playfully, you took one of the flowers and placed it on his curly hair, "I'm not fond of interacting at all, but I would like to try this year."

You added as you took Poquito out of his hair, "Camilo did pull me out of my circle, so he's pretty much-" You gave a look to Camilo, who blushed when you called his name.

"Responsible of me," you ended with a pinch to his cheek. He grinned sheepishly before patting Poquito. Dolores was holding her hands together, smiling softly at the sight of this as she heard someone coming and turned around, "Abuela."

Alma Madrigal, the matriach of La Familia Madrigal, was walking up to the second floor, leaving Constanza and Friedamor searching for their child when they saw you on the second floor. Constanza held her lips, glancing at Friedamor, who nodded and convinced her to go. Constanza breathed in before following Abuela Alma.

"Abuela Alma, there's someone I would like you to meet-" Constanza caught up with Abuela Alma, holding her hand as she helped the old woman to walk to the stairs. "Oh, is that so, Consta? My, my, I am more than delighted to see who this someone is." Abuela Alma laughed as they reached the second floor. 

As she looked in front of her, Abuela Alma stopped her tracks. Constanza smiled at you and waved, gesturing you to introduce yourself.

You hold a hem of your skirt and curtsied, closing your eyes as your free hand was holding Poquito, "Omilietta Sanchez, one of the hosts in charge of managing the new members and visitors of Encanto."

Words flew smoothly without your intention, as you seemed to rehearsed this out of respect, "We hold hospitality in our name, and as the youngest hostess of my household, I formally greet you in your presence, Abuela Madrigal."

"Oh my," Abuela Alma held her chest and reached her hands out, to hold your cheeks together and raising your head, "Such a respectful and polite lady, Constanza, a Sanchez no less indeed," she smiled and looked at Constanza, "Whose child is this....Did you take her under your name? As a protege perhaps?" 

"Oh th- s..she's my..I treat her as my child, Senora.." Constanza held her hands together as you blinked in confusion, Abuela Alma let you go and clapped, "I reckoned she is unfamiliar to the people due to training? I sure wonder when will Friedamor have her protege, since you both vowed not to wed, especially when you turned down mi hijo." Constanza rubbed her shoulder, knowing Abuela Alma was joking as Constanza looked down, glanced an apologetic look at you and you understood right away.