Chapter 7

"Why so red, hermosa?"

You were pouting while cooking more changua for both families, also making rice and beans with omulette and sunny side ups. You ignored him as you were blushing hard from being complimented earlier.

"It's not often enough for me to be called as an angel early in the morning, Carlos," you muttered. You glanced at him and he was grinning ear to ear, clearly proud of himself for making you feel like this. Puffing your cheek, you placed rice with no beans on his plate and gave him the plate, "Eat up, Carlos. I'll call others to eat breakfast."

He rolled his eyes playfully, holding out the spoon to you, "Gosh, hermosa, feeding me first makes me feel you have a little crush on me~" You crossed your arms, raising your brow at his confidence. You grinned and booped his nose, "As what you said, you are lucky to be the first one having breakfast." 

He sighed, smiling smugly and closing his eyes as he shrugged with confidence, pretty proud over such a little thing, "May I indulge myself to this heavenly meal I were to partake, mi hermosa~?" He leaned, as you matched his energy and also leaned to tease him, placing your hands on the table and looking down to him as he gazed up. 

"Hold your breath, Madrigal," you whispered with the same mischivious smirk on Camilo's, "The meal might be in front of you, and I might say yes," you paused before laughing softly, "But where's the fun in that?" You tilted your head, sneering, "So, be a good Madrigal and-" You placed the other plates with food on the counter table, "Put these plates on the dining table. I'll ring the bell for the others." 

Camilo was frozen. He couldn't ignore the heartbeat that was racing to the moon and around the sun, so much he prayed you didn't hear it from the distance. He gulped before messing up his curls sheepishly.

He laughed at himself before glancing at you once more with that awe struck sight. As you told him to, he carried the plates and turned around-

"You two are flirting early in the morning, in my house, right in front of my-" Friedamor squinted her eyes and took two plates from Camilo, "-arroz y frijoles." She shook her head in disappointment, taking her rice and beans along with Constanza's share and placing them on the table.

Camilo sweated as if he barely dodged a bullet there before gulping, turning around to go get the other plates, "Hermosa..."

You turned around, holding the bowl of egg and milk soup, "Yes, Carlos?" Camilo breathed and carried another set of plates, "Tia Friedamor is kind of scary."

You blinked before laughing, "It's Mami you should be scared of- oh hello Antonio!" You smiled at the youngest Madrigal, who was holding a jaguar stuff toy, he was rubbing his eyes before looking up to you as you leaned down a bit, "I made hot choco for you, to get that energy up."

He smiled, nodding, "Omi, can I go meet Mirabel? I miss her..." You softened your eyes. You placed the bowl on the dinning table with him following you, holding your skirt as a child would.

"Of course, you can. If you want, after breakfast, we'll go?" You could see the light in the child's face brightened up as he grinned, "Thank you, Omi!" He hugged your legs before skipping and going up to the chair.

You laughed softly at this before Camilo nudged you, placing the plates and pulling the seat for you to sit on. You rolled your eyes playfully before sitting down as he sat next to you, "Mind if I sit here, Miss Sanchez?" You lightly punched his shoulder, "You already sat down, C."

With some collective glances time to time on you and Camilo throughout the breakfast, you were unaware of this as  both of you were in your own little world, conversing while eating your breakfast. 

•°•°•°•

You held on Antonio's hand as he was excited to meet his favorite cousin. You smiled at this, chuckling. While walking, you passed by near the mural painting and you find yourself smiling at the sight. Antonio noticed this and tugged your skirt, "What is it, Omi?" He asked curiously. You looked at him before smiling. 

"Mama and I made that," you told him, touching on the mural, "Abuela Alma asked for Mama if she could paint your family and I just helped Mama." Antonio was gaping and jumping around, "Tia Friedamor painted that! Woah! I thought it was magic."

"What exactly is your family relationship with ours, hermosa?" Camilo popped beside you and you got startled before slapping his shoulder lightly.

"A warning next time, Carlos, jeez." You could only groan when Camilo laughed while holding his stomach, waving his hand.

"Abuela Alma and Abuela Maria, my Mami's adoptive mother, are close friends. If anything, Abuela Maria is one of the godparents of Tia Pepa, Tia Julietta and Tio Bruno," you explained while looking at their paintings, "Mami is one of Tia Pepa's closest friends while Mama is Tia Julieta's. If I recalled, Tio Bruno once called them the seasons," you laughed. 

The three of you continued on your way while you explained some more, "Mami was the same age as the triplets when Abuela Maria took her in. She was one of the late additions of the people in town." 

Camilo was listening to you, he was really attentive and he noticed little things about you as you talked. He tilted his head to face you slightly and asked, "How about you, Omilietta?" You tensed up a bit from the call of your name. You blinked before tilting back. 

"Ah, Mami found me when I was a little baby, just outside the borders of Encanto," you told him, chuckling, "And that's about it that I recalled." Camilo nodded before grinning, "I guess you are their gift, hermosa," he nudged your shoulder, "Like they were like- 'There you are, I've been looking for you', and that's wonderful-" 

You stared at him, eyes telling stories he can never count nor get bored of. He stared back, speechless as your eyes twinkled before smiling in a way his heart couldn't handle. 

Antonio looked up to you both and smiled at the situation, raising his brow as he shook his head, not believing what his mother and sister has been gossiping about. Antonio could only walk with them, witnessing the love bloom in the front row. 

What a young love indeed.