Chapter 13

"Mirabel's snores tell us that today will be raining."

You heard Isabela first thing in the morning as seeing them all jumbled up under the big comfortable blanket made you laugh at the sight of the Madrigals being as close.

Camilo slept soundly just beside Mirabel, pushing her as he was fast asleep, not even caring about the snores Mirabel made, that Dolores had to cover her ears and hide under her pillow.

She was beside you, and funnily enough, last night, Dolores fought her cousins and siblings to earn the right to sleep next to you, since out of her family, you were the only one who didn't disturb her sleep because of how gentle and quiet your sleeping habits were.

Of course, you have to keep yourself down, this is not your house after all. It would be a little embarrassing if you were snoring louder than Mirabel, moving around the mattress more than Camilo, hitting people's faces more than Isabela, or kicking harder than Luisa, would it?

You let off a nervous laugh as Dolores scooted closer, whining silently about the sound. You softened your gaze before sitting up, yawning lightly, "Good morning, everyone..." You looked over at the youngest Madrigal, hugging his stuffed toy in his sleep.

Antonio was right beside Mirabel, and apparently, he already developed an immunity against her snores being her roommate. He also won to sleep right by your side, next to his favorite cousin as well.

"What do you mean by that, Isabela?" You asked the oldest, laughing as she was already sitting up, brushing her hair. She pointed the brush towards you, "When we were kids, Mira, who was 4 years old, already had the snoring of a grown up, and we decided to base today's event on whatever it is."

She laughed while leaning down to poke Mirabel's nose, "And whenever we do have sleepovers, we try to wake up earlier than her to predict today's blessings, like listen, sweet pea."

You did so, leaning to look over Mirabel as Isabela nodded at the snores, "If it sounds like this, it's definitely about someone's gonna trip."

You laughed at their little family joke, sighing with a smile, "Even if you distance away from her to shoulder the perfect image," you looked at Isabela with a tilted head, "You really love your sister, don't you, Isabela? You pushed aside what truly can give you beyond what is measured for the fear of someone's gaze on you would change."

"But hey, you aren't just someone who they could've been, or someone to be used to fulfil something they were robbed of," Isabela gasped lightly, widening her eyes, "You aren't what your Abuela thought of you. You are what you think you are capable of," you smiled before looking at Mirabel.

"For someone who is blinded from being someone's outlet, you actually let Mirabel go through your wall of thorns and see the world with her glasses of love," you added, shrugging slightly with a half grin,"You are more than someone's dream, Isabela. You all are more than just your gifts, it's never bad to ask for help. After all, being gifted isn't a reason to not require guidance, you all aren't perfect, you are allowed to make mistakes because that's the only time you can improve and..."

"Mirabel showed us," you smiled at Camilo who was half asleep, murmuring and slowly waking up from your voice, "That it's okay...to be human...to be flawed and to learn is to be human..." He yawned before stretching, clearing his voice and sitting up.

Dolores peaked and sat up straight, eyes wide open, "Camilo, you're awake. So early." Camilo yawned more, rubbing his eye and sleepily looked over at his sister, moving his head since you were blocking his view before not even bothering to look at his sister anymore.

Since, well, you were all he could see. And he likes to keep it that way.

"Woah, an angel," he whispered silently before shaking his head, slouching, "You hit my nose last night, Isa, it hurts.." He complained before slowly laying back to his part of the mattress, "I'm going...to sleep again.."