Chapter 18

"Omilietta! Omilietta, where are you?"

Camilo's voice echoed outside the town of his home, his worry-filled eyes were looking for the white dress that shone visibly amongst the colorful surroundings of nature. He clicked his tongue, really wanting to confirm his feelings. He took time to ponder, before trying to even find the person who he never met throughout his 15 years in Encanto.

Not gonna lie, it was absurd that he hadn't met you when he already knew everyone, before getting deeper on wondering what could possibly be the reason why you aren't around, he snapped back and shrugged his body away from those thoughts.

He looked at the sky, narrowing his eyes as he thought for a moment, "Mama..." He whispered before realizing something. What if the reason why you haven't heard his call was that he wasn't that important for you to listen to? What if who you needed the most was not him, but your mothers? Of course, since when did anyone ask for him? Naturally, people will need other people to make them happy, so why is it bothersome that he cannot be the source of your happiness? Wait, why so did he even think of it that way in the first place?

Why is it he is bothered by the small fact he cannot be your happiness?

He let out a frustrated groan before jolting up when he heard a small sniff of a...cry? He tilted his head before shifting into someone much closer to your heart. He slowly stepped into where the sound of your cry came.

"Mami..?"

Camilo stared at your lightly puffed up eyes, as there are some tear strains on your cheeks as you sat on the groun. Your voice was a little soft, a little mellow, and it tugged a string in Camilo's heart that made him want to run and hug you tightly and say it's okay but he couldn't-

As Camilo, that's for sure. He immediately reached to hug you, disguising himself as Constanza, "There you are..." she whispered quietly and gently squeezed you.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," she soothed softly, embracing you as you took a moment to hug back, dissociating now and then before you closed your eyes. You made a soft whimper of a cry as you placed your forehead to her neck, tightening your hold on her.

"Why...am I not wanted..?" You whispered, painstakingly, "...why must I run away from reality...and comfort myself outside of what's considered as the normal...?" Your voice cracked a little as she slowly felt the warm drops of your tears on her shoulders.

She didn't say a word as she gently rubbed your back to ease you, "I'm here...I'm here.." she reassured before you pulled away from the hug to look at her eyes, waterworks of an angel's tears decorated the corner of your eyes.

You looked defeated for a moment, before slowly stare deep to your mother's eyes, as the dull colors of your eyes slowly lightened up to admire his soulful eyes.

He gently wiped the blood off your nose before you tried to wipe your tears, "You found me, again didn't you...?" You chuckled, leaning on his chest and curling into a ball.

"Why wouldn't I, sweetheart...?" He whispered before embracing you slightly and letting you lean on him, "And...no, sweetheart, you are not unwanted nor out of normality...you're more than just what they say about you," he reassured, "Me and your mama love you so much." He tilted head, letting the brown curls of Constanza fall down, "I want you with me and I love to have you with me...and so does the others you blessed with your presence."

You looked at the most heavenly line the earth pastures the ground, smiling softly as you booped his nose, "I love to hear that from you as you, Camilo."

He blinked.

He stared. He looked at himself and he was still Constanza he dare.

And truth to be told, he was Constanza.