Part 19

Jimin's POV

Trying to reach the switch of the phone charger, I reached out across Hyun's little body and the boy giggled as I turned on the switch.

"Why are you laughing, baby?" Smiling easily at everything my son did, I gave my focus on him after placing the phone on the nightstand.

"Mama squished me," he cackled, and I laughed at his honest comment.

Oh, my baby.

My lovely baby.

"I'm sorry, baby. Did I hurt you?" Smooching his laughing face making the boy giggled more, I smiled wide when he shook his head happily.

"Mama's soft, but Uncle Koo's chest is hard, so it's not comfy," he complained, snuggling closer to my chest.

"Mama's chest are the comfiest place for you sleep on, right?" My smile stayed on my face, brushing his soft hair with my fingers as Hyun looked up to me.

"Yes, mama wins!" He exclaimed excited making me laugh again, entertained with winning the unexpected competition between Jungkook and me.

"I love you, baby"

"I love you too, mama"

"Let's sleep, okay?"

"Hmm, good night, mama"

"Good night, Hyunnie"

Lulling the boy to sleep wasn't hard when he had been spending all day long at Jungkook's parents house earlier.

Oh.

We're at his parents house.

Jungkook and Taehyung's parents.

I didn't know that the two was actually really siblings, although stepbrothers.

I just thought they were so close to each other that they called each other brothers.

It turned out that Jungkook's mom married Taehyung's dad after Jungkook's dad passed away due to accident caused by drunk driving of a lorry driver.

Turned out the driver was under Taehyung's dad's company, thus they met a lot throughout the years to settle the case.

Just like Taehyung, his dad was a responsible man who'd never try to run away from the wrongs, and that's what captured Jungkook's mom's heart in the beginning.

Taehyung's father won over the lady's heart even more at the time when Jungkook was starting to get into college. Knowing the situation where Jungkook's mom was struggling to pay the tuition fees, the gentleman extended his hand with the intention to help the mother.

He asked for Taehyung's permission to add two new family members in theirs, at which Taehyung agreed in an instant, because he wanted the same too.

He too, missed the love of a mother after his birth mother passed away when he was still at a very young age.

Thus, by the time Jungkook in his second year of college, Taehyung and Jungkook had became siblings, with Jungkook keeping his last name as he had decided on that after reaching legal age.

All four had lived peacefully together inside the big mansion, and today, the number increased three more with the presence of Jihee, Hyun, and me.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were so welcoming and accepting, that I almost felt guilty for getting too comfortable too quickly.

They treated us like the son, daughter and grandchild they always had, and I was so glad to see how fast Hyun warmed up to them.

It's the first time Hyun had ever felt the love from a grandparents, and I couldn't help but shed a few tears of happiness while watching him during the dinner earlier, quietly comforted by Jihee by my side.

"Jimin?" hearing my name being called, I turned to the door and saw Jungkook peeking inside the room.

"Jungkook, come in" acknowledging the male's presence and invited him to come inside the guest room his parents prepared for us, Jungkook walked in quietly, careful not to wake the boy. 

"Is Hyun asleep?"

"Yeah, he slept like a baby," we talked in whispers, not taking any risk that  could make Hyun wake up.

"I'm glad he can sleep. I was afraid that he couldn't sleep because of the different surrounding,"

"Well, not at all. As you can see," chuckling a little looking at how deeply asleep the little boy in my arms, I slowly moved my arm away and sat up, focusing on the man by the bedside.

Jungkook's eyes were focused on the boy the whole time, and I smiled small looking at how attached he was with Hyun.

"Can we have a little talk?" the man then turned his attention to me, and I smiled before nodding my head.

"Sure," Carefully moving out of the bed, my feet was stuck at the comforter making me almost fall, and I was only able to let out a panic gasp, thinking that I would fall straight to the ground.

However, Jungkook saved me in a swift with his fast reflex, his strong arm wrapped around my waist firm, securing me in his hold without a sweat.

"Careful," he pulled me up to stand straight with a wide smile on his face, almost laughing at my clumsiness, and I just scrunched my nose, glaring playfully at the man.

"Don't laugh,"

"I'm not laughing,"

"You can let me go now," realizing all along that his hands was still resting on both sides of my hip even though I was already standing on my own, I tapped on his forearm just in case he forgot that he still had his hands on me.

"I can, but I don't want to," Jungkook then smiled mischievously telling me that he wasn't letting go on purpose, and I felt a bit shy but still held his stare.

"Jungkook," softly telling him to let go with my eyes, he clearly refused when he only stared at me back stubbornly.

We held stares for a few moments, before I felt his grip tightening on my waist.

My heart skipped a bit, biting my inner cheek, waiting what's to come.

"Jimin," 

Feeling goosebumps all over my body after hearing my name coming out from his mouth dripping with so much love, I looked down to his chest immediately, aware that his gaze at me was getting too dangerous now.

We stayed quiet like that, and although I could just simply push his hand away, I didn't want to.

Jungkook was surely aware of  the reason behind my quietness, and also knew the reason behind my lack of action.

It meant that he's free to do what he wanted to me, and I wouldn't push him away.

But I also knew that he won't do things I won't like, and that's when it happened.

I felt a kiss on the crown of my head.

A kiss so soft and tender, followed with a whisper I could barely heard through the silent of the night.

It was simple, yet was totally unexpected, enough to make my heart beat so loud as I looked up to the man in front of me.

"Marry me,"

--

(a/n: That's all I have for now! I'm going to pause here, sorry for the cliffhanger. I'll be back when I have more drafts, hope that you guys can wait. Thank you!)