Part 24

Jimin's POV

"Mama?" Hyun came up to me as I was just finishing some of my work from my study, and about to lie down on my bed to rest for the day.

Jungkook didn't sleep here these few days since he was busy with work as well, and that gave me and Hyun all the time to ourselves.

It's been quite a few months after Jungkook proposed, and although I had agreed, we have one more person in our lives that we need approval in this relationship from.

And that is the little boy at the door of my room right there.

"Yes, Hyunnie?" Waving to get the boy to come inside, Hyun walked fast with his little but still long legs for the age of a four year old boy.

I smiled when he quickly climbed up the bed with so much ease and sat cutely by my side who had just lied down under the comforter, before waiting for him to ask away.

Hyun had a lot of questions these days.

And I tried my best to answer all his curiosity, the best I could.

Sometimes Jungkook was the one answering whenever the two were together.

Hyun's growing up so fast, and although I was kind of sad to see him getting bigger, I was glad he grew up healthy.

"What is it, baby?" Hyun seemed hesitant as he fiddled with the blanket in his hand, and although I was wondering why he was acting like that, I smiled nevertheless, not wanting to discourage the boy from asking what he wanted to ask.

"Is Uncle Koo my papa?" Hyun was biting his small lip after asking the question timidly, the habit he got from me when nervous, and I was very taken aback at his question indeed.

"I - come here, baby" opening my arms inviting the boy to cuddle with me, Hyun didn't hesitate to approach, his favorite blanket tightly clutched in his hands.

Resting the boy's head comfortably on my arm, I hugged Hyun close before kissing his small forehead tenderly.

"What makes you ask the question, Hyunnie?"

"Because Uncle Koo calls me his son everyday when he talk to everyone," he informed fluent, and I raised my eyebrows at the news I just heard.

"He did? When?"

"When he picked me up from school, and when he talk with teachers. And when he talk to Uncle Taetae and Auntie Jihee. And at the market too,"

"Do you not like it when Uncle Kook said that?" Brushing Hyun's soft hair to the back to see more of his beautiful eyes, I smiled seeing those little sparkles reflected from them.

"No, I like it. I want Uncle Koo to be my papa," his answer touched my heart easily despite how easy it sounded, but it was everything I was hoping for.

"Really, baby?" Kissing his nose before looking into his eyes again, Hyun nodded a few times without unwavering look in his eyes.

"Yes,"

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, but Uncle Jungkook really is your papa,"

"Really, mama?"

"Yes he is,"

"Then why did he not live with us when I was baby? Did he not like babies?" The question made me shook my head quickly, not wanting Hyun to have any misunderstanding towards his father.

"No, baby. Actually, Uncle Kook didn't know that you're born until the day he met you with Uncle Taetae. Mama didn't tell him,"

"Why?"

"Because I thought that me and Auntie Jihee are enough for you,"

"Do you not like Uncle Koo?" Again, I shook my head at his answer, before looking at the boy with a smile.

"Not at all, baby. I like Uncle Kook, he treats you and Auntie Jihee so well. You like him too, right?"

"I like Uncle Koo. Can I call uncle papa then?"

"He would love that more than anything else in the world, baby"

"When is unc- papa coming home? I miss him,"

"He's a bit busy these days, so he can't - oh?"

Both of us stared at each other with wide eyes hearing the front door being unlocked, and Hyun was quick to get up from the bed.

But Jungkook didn't tell anything about coming home today, thus I quickly pulled Hyun in my arms and hugged the boy close.

"Wait, Hyun. I'm not sure if it's papa. Let's check together quietly, okay?" Whispering to the boy, placing my index finger on my mouth, I got up slowly with Hyun tight in my embrace.

Peeking from the bedroom door, upon seeing that it was indeed Jungkook who was placing a cake on the coffee table, Hyun recognized him immediately and quickly wriggled out of my grasp, wanting to go to his newly known father.

"Papa!" His little voice shocked the male in the living room very much, that a small red box from Jungkook's hand fell on the floor, as he looked our way.

His face showed disbelief, looking at me for confirmation as he hugged the boy who just ran into his arms, an act Hyun always did when welcoming him home.

'Am I hearing correctly?' is what he was asking from his glassy eyes, and I approached Jungkook too.

My eyes glistened as well as I nodded to answer his question, before Jungkook then turned to Hyun.

"You called me papa, Hyun?" He asked the boy soft, but I didn't missed the quiver in his voice.

"Mama said I can. You're my papa, right?" The smile Hyun gave the male was everything I'd hoped to see, and I smiled as well, happy for the two.

Jungkook's tears of happiness rolled down his face making me cry too, and I stepped closer to the two, when Jungkook hugged the boy tight in gratefulness.

"I am, I am your papa, buddy. Thank you for calling me papa, Hyun"