{ 10 }

Rina and I sat in the library going over notes from Potions. We weren't in the same class because the professors were still on their high about putting me in classes with Draco and Harry, but the material was still the same. It wasn't perfect being across the room from Draco in my classes. I could feel him watching my every move, mainly when I talked to someone. It made my blood boil more than the cauldrons we worked in.

Yesterday in class, I offered to help Harry real quick since he was in front of me. I could hear Draco clearing his throat a mile away when that happened. I still helped Potter, though. It would've been rude for me not to just because "My brother is worried about his image."

I was woken up from my flashback with Rina grabbing my paper to see what I had, "Your notes are so far advanced from mine. Mind if I copy a few to study?"

"Huh? No no. Go ahead, whatever helps." I handed her my book, too, since it had some spare notes inside of it. My eyes looked outside to green, now showing on the frozen ground. It was slowly becoming warmer, which meant spring couldn't be too far around the corner. The end of the year too. I didn't want to go back home.

"Oh Y/N, did you hear? Well, I'm sure you did, but your father spoke at the hearing with Hagrid and Buckbeak."

I snapped my head back, facing my friend, "Of course he did. His baby boy was so viciously injured. Rubbish." I rolled my eyes, "Anyways, continue."

Rina laughed a little, then shook her head, bringing her voice down to a whisper, "Well, Hagrid wasn't sacked, but they sentenced Buckbeak to death."

"What!?" I stood up, annoyed, "Because of a mere scratch?!" People in the library quickly hushed me, so I sat down pissed and quiet.

Rina nodded, "I heard from Ron. I'm sorry, Y/N, I thought you knew since it was your family."

"It's okay; I'm glad I heard from you first instead of my family..." I looked at a clock, realizing what time it was. "Shoot, I need to meet Ronin. Keep my Potion notes; give them back to me in our dorm. See you later." I grabbed my other items and left the library to study hall.

I sat down and pulled out my Defense Against the Dark Arts materials. I got a head start just before Ronin showed up. About fifteen minutes passed, and he wasn't here yet. I was about to leave and go look for him, but Fred sat down in the chair next to me, "Good afternoon Y/N. Your owl, me, is here to deliver a message."

I decided to play along with him and nodded, "Okay, owl, what's the message?"

"Ronin and George are in detention because they couldn't run fast enough; I am your tutor for today." Fred winked with a smile on his face.

"Couldn't run fast enough? Guessing that Babbling Brew didn't go over so well?" I elbowed him.

"None what so freaking ever." Fred dropped his head and chuckled, "I am your tutor for this, though. Ronin told me to do it since he is unavailable presently." He mocked Snape with his last sentence, which caused me to laugh.

"Well, Tutor Weasley, today we are going over a few dark creatures than a dash of curses." I slid over my parchment to him so he could see.

"How about," Fred slid the parchment away, "we go do something else instead? You know this material Y/N it's apparent in your writings and your essays."

"How do you know about my essays?"

"I've snuck a peak of them before when Ronin was here. You overthink." He put his hand on my head and rustled up my dark hair. "You're brilliant, Y/N, and I don't just say that to anyone." I could feel my cheeks become warm when he said, "And you're nothing like your brother. I know how it is to be compared to a sibling. I mean, I have six siblings." He laughed.