{ 18 }

The train ride back to Hogwarts was awkward. I had a massive migraine from Draco and his yammering about the world cut. Of course, I had to sit with him again this year on our way to Hogwarts. Father demanded it after my so-called "stunt" at the world cup. He was furious.

Once we got to Hogwarts though I broke free from Darco and hurried to the dorm room to find Rina. As soon as I burst through the door she was wearing her robes.

"You're late! Hurry you must change. Apparently, there is a huge announcement Dumbledore is going to announce after the sorting!" Rina spoke as she grabbed my bags from my hands and threw them down. She shuffled through them and threw my robes at me.

"Oof! Well nice to see you too Rina." I threw on my robes and chuckled at her excitement.

"Sorry sorry. It is amazing to see you." She gave me a quick hug then pulled me out of our shared room, "Now come on come on! I want good seats!"

When we got to the Great Hall the sorting was rushed onwards. We gained four Hufflepuffs this year, to which we welcomed them gladly. Then Headmaster Dumbledore was ready for his announcement, "Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement."

Just then Filch busted through the doors with a very odd run. Headmaster continued his speech either way,

"This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen--" Headmaster was cut off by Filch and him chattering to each other very quickly.

Rina and I laughed a little till Cedric elbowed me lightly to be quiet. I threw a glare at him which turned into a smile between us.

Then Headmaster continued, "So...Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament."

Everyone quickly went into chatter and side conversations. I looked to Rina, "Why would they choose here? After what happened last year?"

"Shh shh." Rina waved a hand at me to which I just rolled my eyes.

"I swear if one more person shushes me, I will scream." I looked at Cedric and Rina.

"Now, for those of you who do not know...the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime."

The doors of the Great Hall opened once more, "You've got to be kidding me..." I lowered my head slightly as everyone else turned to see the new guests.

My ex-fellow classmates practically floated down the hall with butterflies and more. It certainly caught the eyes of the boys here. I just scoffed and slouched on the table while looking at my nails.

"Aren't they something?" Rina kept her eyes on the girls and then looked at me, "Why aren't you impressed? These are new wizarding students."

"I used to be one of them, Rina. It isn't that special..." I grumbled and placed my chin on my hands that were on the table.

Her jaw practically hit the floor, "You used to? We are talking about this later!" She whispered yelling at me to which I mocked her by coping with her mouth movements.

Everyone clapped, whistled, and cheered for the school I used to attend. The atmosphere quickly shift as the next school was announced, "And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff."

The boys came in with these staffs they hit on the ground in unison. It was impressive. The girls were practically swooning for them already. They surely put on a spectacular show. The Hogwarts boys had to be jealous.

"Wish to be them aye Diggory?" I nudged Cedric.

"Wish to be in arms with one of them aye Malfoy." Cedric quickly said back.

I shook my head so fast, "No, as if." I laughed awkwardly.

Food was brought out for us as the high topic of the visiting students rushed everyone house table. Soon, this large golden statue was carried in. Everyone began to wonder what was contained inside and how the student would be picked to compete.

Our Headmaster came to the front seemingly reading my mind and about to answer all of our questions, "Your attention, please! I'd like to say a few words. Eternal Glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all of this, we have the head of the department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch."

Suddenly thunder and lightning crackled over the Great Hall. Students began to yell in terror. As fast as it began, it ended with a wizard using a spell to dissipate the indoor storm.

This Auror was the reason for the storm to stop. He looked, frightening, to say the least. If looks could kill, we would all be dead for sure.

Dumbledore welcomed him with open arms, however.

This head honcho began to speak. I tuned him out. I have no desire for this Tournament and I believe it is only going to bring more chaos to this school. There was already so much happening in my life, a life-threatening game for "glory" was not a priority of mine. I'm sure my brother, Draco to say, would be searching to enter. I was broken from my thought of everyone shouting and booing, "What happened?" I learned from Rina.

"Don't you listen? Only students 17 or older can enter the Tournament."

Dumbledore quickly shushed everyone as he used his wand to reveal a goblet or cup of some kind. A blue flame arose from the golden chalice . It danced to life as the Headmaster explained its purpose.

The flame was intimidating as it could be used to enter anyone it sees fit. If you enter it is too late if you are chosen.

"Let the games begin," I said staring into the flame.