{ 11 }

On my way back to the Hufflepuff dorms, I was slightly pissy at what just happened. I was supposed to meet Fred, not get caught up in Harry Potter's drama. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. It was already hitting midnight; I should've been with Fred by now. Suddenly I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into a side closet. It was pitch back until I heard a familiar voice say, "Lumos."

"Fred. You scared me! Bloody hell." I smacked his arm, almost knocking his wand out of his hand, "Stop grabbing me and pulling me into places."

"You were about to walk into Filch. I don't know how you didn't see his lamp. Shh shh." Fred pulled me back from the door and kept his arm around my shoulders. "Nox." He whispered.

From the bottom crack of the door, we saw the warm glow of Filch's lamp float by. I froze, seeing his shadow stop at the door. I didn't breathe or move. Then he passed on by us. If I were to get caught outside of dorms the second time in the night, I'd have that three weeks of detention Snape offered before.

I felt Fred remove his arm from my shoulders, then turn the light back on his wand, "Didn't want you to get caught a second time now." He chuckled, "I saw that you didn't show up, so I checked to make sure Filch didn't get you. Professor Snape isn't a better option, Y/N."

"Oh, hush, I know I know. I would've been there sooner if Potter didn't catch me first. I couldn't tell him I was on my way to meet you." I rolled my eyes, "Last thing I need is rumors spreading of me sneaking around at night with the fifth year."

Fred crossed his arms and gained a smirk on his lips, "And wants to wrong with sneaking around with a fifth year, hm?"

"Don't start that. Now, where did you want to go? But, unfortunately, we don't have a lot of time as I thought we would."

"The Astronomy Tower."

"We can go to the Astronomy Tower during Astronomy class or whenever we want."

"You asked where I wanted to go Y/N, and I want to go to the Astronomy Tower. Now come one, or I'm leaving you here for Filch to deal with you." Fred opened the door and left the closet.

I hesitated for a moment, then finally decided to go with him. I did a light jog to catch up with him. "I'm only doing this, so I am not alone."

"Good choice, Malfoy," Fred smirked with his wand out in front of him for light.

I scoffed and followed the redhead up to the Astronomy Tower. It took us about fifteen minutes to get to the top of the tower, and it was freezing up there. My hands tugged on the sleeves of my sweatshirt to keep my arms covered and sheltered from the nightly cold. "Why did you want to come up here again? We'll freeze our wands off up here." I stayed towards the center of the tower while Fred casually walked over to the railing and looked down. "You're not an owl; you can't fly. I'm not saving you if you jump."

"If I wanted to fly, I would've grabbed by broom Y/N. Wizards can't sprout wings without a spell, you ninny. I came up here for other reasons." Fred motioned to come closer, but I shook my head in protest.

"No, you'll push me off."

Weasley rolled his eyes and gently pulled me over, "If you go over, I'll catch you. I need you for this, please Y/N." He put his hands on my shoulders and placed me in between him and the railing. My back was facing towards his chest.

"Fine, but only because it's you. What do you want me to do?"

"I need you to use your wand as light and hold it out over the railing." I was about to speak up against it, just as he cut me off beforehand, "Just do it."

"Lumos." I held my wand up and out as the warm shimmering light came from it. Fred put his arms on either side of me, now having these red gloves on, and placed his hands over the light. His actions caused the light to dim, but as he removed his hands, a bubble had formed about my Lumos spell.

"Now hold still, Malfoy. Don't sneeze, blink, or breath." Fred pulled out his hand and hovered by my arm, "Glacious. Remove your wand before it freezes inside."

I pulled away from his work. The light of my spell was trapped inside of the now freezing bubble he had created. Fred used his gloves to grab the projection and hold it in his hands. "Perfect as it can be." The corners of my lips lifted, looking at the creation we made. Fred had kept his arms around me to hold out the bubble. Being so close made me forget about the cold around us. It was a comforting warmth. He moved it up in the air in a swift motion, and it took flight on its own.

We watched it dance in the wind for a couple of seconds until a thought came to my mind, "Wanna make this more interesting?" My head turned to look at him with a cheeky grin on my face.

"Always." He replied, "Just don't pop it."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I held up my wand, casting another spell, "Geminio." Suddenly the frozen light multiplied into the air. It gave a gentle glow to the tower.

"Brilliant." Fred pushed off the metal railing and walked to another opening. His sudden absence let the cold hit my back once again. I crossed my arms with a chill across my skin. "Where did you learn that trick?"

"Draco taught it to me about a year ago when we wanted to take an artifact from our Father. But, it was only one object, and I don't think Father has found out yet." I laughed.

"Look at you, the sneaky one. It never took a daddy's girl to mess her old man's stuff. Especially use a charm on his things." He turned around and tucked his arms into his sides. I watched as he leaned on the railing.

"Oh please, I only played a part in distracting Father. Draco pulled off the spell. I'm a victim as much as my Father is." I played the innocent card, but it ended in my laughing since it was apparent I was kidding about being innocent. "I miss doing things like that at the manor." My head turned lost in thought of the things my brother and I used to do.

Fred's smile dropped, and a look of concern came to his face, "You want to go back to those times, don't you."

"What times? When would we pull pranks on the house staff? Or hearing his laugh when we flipped all of the paintings upside down?" I scoffed and shook my head, "Who would ever want that back?" I said in an offcut tone. A gust of wind blew in like little pieces of my untucked hair were swept in front of my eyes. I tucked the fly-away hair into my hoodie.

"Someone who wishes for light inside of a frozen brother." Fred walked back to me. I could feel the wind stop on me as he stepped in front of me. "Pull a prank with me—just you and me."

"Fred, please, that's childish." My eyes met with his as I continued to listen to his idea.

"That's the point, Y/N. I don't wish to grow up yet, and neither do you. I've seen that child's spark in your eyes. Give me this chance to bring it back just once. I won't ask anything of you ever again." Weasley put his hands on either side of my upper arms, "Just a chance."

I looked to the ground. Draco would be furious. It probably caused another scene in the halls but in front of everyone this time. Why should I care? My eyes shot back up to his, "One last trick."