{ 15 }

We were all in the medical wing. Ron's leg was being treated while Hermione and I only had a couple of scrapes and bruises. We were all anxious after what we had witnessed.

"I'm going to go look for him." I sat up and swung my legs over.

Hermione snapped her head over to me. "No. You heard Snape. If we leave here we will be in worse trouble. Dumbledore already bypassed us being out past curfew, we don't need to get in deeper." I sighed and slumped back, "I want to go find Harry as much as you Y/N, but they will bring him back."

Suddenly the medical wing doors busted open with one of our Professors carrying in Harry and placing him on a bed.

"Harry!" Ron, Hermione, and I said.

"Stay in bed and stay seated." We were ordered before we could think of standing up to check on Harry.

"What about Sirius Black?" I spoke up.

"He is in custody. No need to worry about him. The Dementors will handle him in about an hour."

My gaze shifted to the clock on the wall. 'But Sirius didn't kill Harry's, our, parents. my birth parents.' My mind ran then I turned to Harry, 'My brother.'

The staff left after tending to Harry.

I stood up pacing for over half an hour. Ron had scolded me many times to just down as my pacing was making him nauseated, but I ignored him and continued to let my anxiety take control of my body.

We heard murmurs coming from Harry, as Hermione and I rushed over.

"Harry," Hermione said forcefully.

Harry's eyes opened and the first words he said were, "I saw my dad."

"What?" I said as we leaned over him.

"He sent the Dementors away. I saw him across the lake!" He sounded out of breath and astonished himself.

Hermione got straight to the problem at hand, "Listen, Harry, they captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementors are going to perform the kiss."

Harry scrambled to sit up his expression flipping, "You mean they are going to kill him!?"

Hermione and I took a step back and I answered, "No, it's worse. Much worse. They are going to suck out his soul."

The doors opened once more with Dumbledore pushing through, "Headmaster, you've got to stop them!" Hermione went towards Dumbledore, "They've got the wrong man!"

Harry followed suit, "It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent!"

"It's Scabbers who did it." Ron sat up in bed with his leg propped up on two fluffy pillows.

Dumbledore was dumbfounded, "Scabbers?"

Ron then explained, "He's my rat, sir. He's not a rat. Uh, well he was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl, then I got..."

Hermione cut Ron off and went back to our Headmaster, "Point is, we know the truth. Please believe us."

"I do, Miss Granger. But I am sorry to say, that the word of four 13-year-old wizards will convince few others." Dumbledore walked in between Harry and Hermione and towards Ron, "A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaning less.." He placed a hand on Ron's hurt leg which caused Ron to let out a whimper of pain, "..to those who have forgotten how to listen."

The big clock began to chime after the end of Dumbledore's speech, "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And when meddled with...dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before the last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one life will be spared. Three turns should do it, I think." Dumbledore turned around and almost closed the door till he stopped himself, "Oh, by the way... when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." He finally shut the door.