{ 24 }

I played in my lie favor with Rina to take a few sick days for myself. I had a temperature, and my head felt like it was spinning anytime I stood. I would sleep during the day and the night my migraines would keep me awake. I was cursing Fred for getting me sick. I blamed it on the kiss. The kiss that should not have happened, and yet it did.

I added the memory to my archive of thoughts on a loop in my head. My head felt like a fog. Nothing was linking together anymore. I have been keeping everything to myself since last year. I haven't been able to talk to Harry about anything recently, and I am scared Rina will hate me for lying to her all this time.

I heard our dorm room open, and I tucked my head under my covers to block out social interaction with anyone.

"Y/N, it's Rina. I know you're awake under there."

I heard footsteps approach my bed, and foot tapping soon followed.

"Go away..." I grumbled out and tucked the blankets under myself more.

"Y/N, if you're sick for another day, I have to take you to Madame Pomfrey. Those are the rules. Now come out here and tell me what is wrong."

I pulled the covers off my head and slammed them down on my sides, "I've just been having non-stop migraines, okay? I don't know why..."

Rina sat on the corner of my bed and crossed her legs, "Have you been thinking too hard? I know Professor Moody's classes haven't been a piece of cake, and"

"Fred and I kissed!" I blurted out and covered my mouth.

"I'm sorry, what? When?" Rina leaned in.

"The night of the ball... Then I ran out once I came to my senses." I looked down at my fidgeting fingers with the thought of the night coming to my mind again, "I don't know why it happened."

Rina put her hand over mine, "I think you made your body sick. You've been so stressed out with hiding this from your family."

I looked up at Rina, "Uh, sure, that is what has been happening. Now that you mention it, my head does feel lighter now that I let that information go..."

"Well, I think you should keep that information between you and me. Draco would kill you, and I would be without a best friend." Rina sat up, "Come to classes tomorrow, okay? The study is boring without you."

"I'll try..." I yawned, "I think I might be able to get proper sleep now... Thank you for not judging me, Rina." I turned over, tucked myself in, then drifted to the most peaceful sleep I have had in the last few days.

*~-~*

In Study Hall, Rina helped me catch up on work I had missed during my sick leave. Thankfully, the workload wasn't tremendous with the tournament going on. I asked Ron where Harry was, and he told me he was figuring out the next task.

"At least he has one more week to figure it out. He'll be fine. Cedric already figured it out, right?" I tried to also catch up on who had what done for the tournament.

"Yeah, Diggory, Krum, and Delacour all have it figured out. I'm just waiting on Harry." Ron informed me.

"Thanks for the catch-up, Weasley. Much appreciated." I gave him my notes for potions as thanks. Ron gladly took it.

Rina elbowed me and lowered her voice to me, "Fred is coming this way..." She motioned with her head to my left.

"So?" I also lowered my voice and kept on writing, "He is the reason I got sick anyway."

"Now, Y/N Dehila Malfoy, you know that is not true." Rina shoved me with her shoulder, "You got yourself sick."

"Hey. Only my mother uses my middle name." I pointed my finger at her and then saw Ron looking at me from across the table, "What?"

"Your middle name is Dehila? What kind of middle name is that?"

"One I was given. What's your middle name now that you know mine?"

"Like I'd ever tell you, Malfoy." Ron went back to coping with my notes.

"His middle name is Bilius after our dead uncle." I heard George say behind me. "Glad to see you are not sick anymore, Malfoy. We tried to bring you a care gift, but Cedric wouldn't let us in."

I turned around in my seat to see only George and Ronin, Fred was already down at the table talking to his Quidditch buddies. I looked at him for a moment, then turned back to his red-headed twin, "Don't worry about it. It's the thought that counts. Sorry for leaving you at the ball Ronin." I felt sheepish now for not giving him an explanation.

"It's fine. I could tell you were already off from when we sat down. Rina excessive flirting with her macho man probably made your head spin." He picked on Rina, who quickly turned around and started getting into an argument with him about minding his own business or whatnot. I wasn't really paying attention. "How has Fred been?"

George turned his upper body in his brother's direction, "Just as Fred as he can be. Why?"

"Just curious. I'll see you all later." I stood up and left the group as I finished most of my makeup work. As I walked down the hall, I saw Draco with Crabbe and Goyle. I stopped in front of them and didn't say anything till Crabbe motioned towards me.

"What did you want, sister?" Draco had an annoyed look and tone to him.

"Can I talk to you for a couple of minutes?"

"Can it wait? I am in the middle of something!"

"So we can talk! Great!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him around the corner. Draco tried to pull away from me and threatened to tell Father, but I ignored his pleas. "Oh shut it. I barely touched you. Whine-ass." I dropped his arm, "Did you enjoy yourself at the ball?"

Draco huffed and adjusted his rob, "What did you say?"

"Did you? Enjoy. Yourself at the ball?" I slowed down my sentences for him, "Do you understand the words coming from my mouth?"

"I'm not daft, yes. Pansy and I had a time at the party. Why the hell do you care?" Draco leaned on the wall and sneered at some first years walking by, "I didn't see you at all. Didn't you have a date?"

"Ronin took me if you would like to know. I left early. I was sick. Thought you would've noticed your sister being missing." I rolled my eyes.

"You can handle your own. Are we done here?" Draco stood up and swept his bleached blonde hair to the side, "As I said, I was in the middle of something."

"Sure, whatever. Just wanted a conversation." I spoke aggressively and was annoyed. I turned on my heels, "Don't get in trouble with your prank on Potter." I walked away.

"How did you...Damn you Y/N." I heard him say from behind me.