1 8

chapter 18: reap what you're sown

THERE WAS NEVER ending butterflies in Melanie's stomach. At first she thought she was sick after Halloween, maybe even pregnant. Her and Fez had finally consummated their relationship and 1 plus 1 equaled 2; it was the most logical thing she could thing of. As she soon as she got up she went to the store picked up a test and peed on that stick as fast as she could. In 5 mins, she seen the one line and sighed with relief.

Thank God, it was negative. A sigh of relief came from her lips.
At least she wasn't pregnant.

As she was sitting the on toilet all she could think though was what the fuck was her problem then?

Quickly, she wiped herself and flushed the toilet picking up her pants. She made sure to grab the test and box with her to leave behind no evidence in her God-mother's bathroom. She didn't need her questions right now.

Especially on this very off day she was having. Melanie opened the door only to be met face
to face with her younger god-sister, Gia.

"Fuck" Mel gasped, holding on to her chest. She wasn't expecting to see Gia right in front of the door. "Damn Mel, do I look that scary?" Gia questioned, laughing at her older god-sister reaction. Mel quickly gathered herself, as she remembered the box in her hand and put it behind her back, stuffing it in her underwear.

Gia looked down at Mel's obvious motions. "What are you doing?" She asked with her eyebrow raised. Mel nonchalantly shrugged, trying to play it off, "my butt was itchy". Gia scrunched her face in disgust, "ew."

"Anyways," Gia continued. "I needed to use the bathroom but while I got you here, I have to tell you something."

"Tell me what?" Mel couldn't help it but her heart was racing just a little more faster then usual. Something again was feeling so wrong. "So..." Gia looked side to side to make sure the coast was clear. No Rue, no Mom. "At the party... Again I know I wasn't supposed to be there but I was getting some tea from the twins. Everyone is talking about what happened with Nate Jacobs and Maddie Perez... and I don't know how but your name got somewhere in the mix."

Melanie's heart sank to her ass and soon all the flashbacks from the carnival started to bubble to the surface. She could picture Nate grabbing Maddie and strangling her, his clenched jaw and devil eyes and the pure fear in Maddie's eyes. Melanie still zoned out asked, "What did they say?"

Gia sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Nate Jacob's has been looking around trying to find the person who ratted him out to Principle Hayes... They saying it's you, Mel."

The bad feeling that Mel was having along intensified by 1000 once she heard those words come out of Gia's mouth. Immediately, Mel knew what was coming and the look of guilt was plastered all over her face. Gia was hoping that it wasn't true, especially for Mel; she may have been young and didn't associate herself with those older kids, especially Nate Jacob's but the stories that went around... that boy was dangerous.

And he wasn't the type to sit back and let things rock. No, he happened to believe in karma, and worst of all...

He also believed he was Karma.

It didn't matter if you were boy or girl. Clearly, especially with all the rumors going around. He was an abuser and rich. Those two were never a good combo.