1 5

chapter fifth-teen: or

MELANIE TOOK TWO steps over to the table in the kitchen and grabbed the abnormally large Hennessy bottle in the mix with all the other alcoholic beverages in front of her and poured into the first cup she saw.

Mel also through in a dash of cranberry juice to water down the taste and put it to her lips, drinking as much as she could. The alcohol burned her throat but not as much as it would have if she would have drunk it on it's own.

The music was loud, the bass drumming from her feet all the way to her head. Melanie bobbed her head to the beat. "Yo Mel!"

She didn't hear and kept her eyes peeled on the people on the dance floor still trying to find someone that she knew. A large hand grasped her shoulder and she jumped out of her boots. She let out a large gasp and turned to see the culprit.

"What the-," Melanie fully turned around to see that it was Daniel, the host of this Halloween party. She was relieved, at least it wasn't Nate Jacobs or Fez, two people she wasn't up for seeing right now.

"Sorry I scared you," he laughed, showing her pearly whites. Daniel was someone she saw in school, maybe said a hello or two a couple of times but didn't really go out her way to make an impression.

"It's alright," Melanie smiled, raising her cup to her lips, looking up into his piercing dark brown eyes. Daniel's side of his lip curved, his eyes flickering to her lips and then back to her eyes.

Melanie, on the other hand was looking at his bright orange jumpsuit. "Who are you supposed to be tonight?" She asked him.

"Ted Bundy," he grinned and pointed at her, his eyes looking over her body and a little too closely at the unbuttoned part of her shirt where her breast could be seen and her black lace bra.

"You're Mia Wallace, nice. I didn't know you were a Quentin Tarantino fan."

Melanie leaned back against the wall, "I've been one since I could remember. My dad loves him." Movies were her father's thing. He may had been a hardcore business man but every weekend they would have movie night and her father had a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Tarantino films.

From Dusk Till Dawn, Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards, Planet Terror, Jackie Brown: You name it, her dad watched it.

"I like him too, he makes art." Daniel put it simply but hit it right on the nose. Melanie's lip curled upwards as she sipped a little more of her alcohol. Daniel was on a good start with her. Why hadn't she talked to him before?