1 1 (✞)

chapter eleven: shook one pt

chapter eleven: shook one pt. 2 ()

  THE CARNIVAL WAS an annual thing in East Highland and Melanie hadn't attended one for a good 8 or 9 years so she was pumped up for this one. Instead of enjoying the night with her boyfriend she decided to just hand with her mains: Gia, Rue and Lexi; minus Ethan and Jules who were no where to be found.

"Have you seen Ethan yet?" Lexi asked Melanie and she shook her head. "Not yet but he's probably just walking around," she told Lexi. "You want to go on the grasshopper?" Gia asked her sister.

"Nope," Rue responded.

"The Ferris wheel?" Lexi questioned. "Nope," Rue declined and Melanie groaned. "Why not?"

"Because I don't want to die," Rue tells her simply. Rue was always the one scared of heights while Melanie loved ride and everything thrilling. "You wanna go on this ride?" Melanie asked, looking at the large one, twirling in the air. "Rampage?" Gia looked at sign, reading the name. Melanie smirked. "Hell yes."

✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

The ride left Lexi feeling wobbly and Gia looking green. "That was awesome!" Melanie exclaimed, her blood pumping. Rue didn't go the ride so she just smiled. "It looked crazy," was all she said, passing Melanie her mini book bag. They stayed by the ride, talking about what they should next just Rue seemed distracted.

"Rue, what are you look-" Melanie looked in the direction Rue was and saw Jules from a distance beside Kat. Melanie smiled, looking over to Rue who seemed to be grateful Jules was here too. Melanie didn't know what happened between the two but she knew that it was something because they hadn't spoke all week as much. During school Rue wouldn't come to lunch just leaving Jules, Mel and sometimes Ethan chatting about nonsense and anime .

Jules started to jog over toward Rue, dodging all the people and then gave her a big bear hug. Melanie stood back and let them have this moment. Gia looked over to Lexi and Mel. "I think she's in love with Jules," Gia said, flat out.

"Really?" Lexi asked and Melanie glanced at her if she was crazy. "Uh yeah, don't you see her. She's totally smitten like a kitten," Mel said as if it wasn't obvious.

"Don't you think?" Gia asked Lexi and Lexi brushes it off, "Uh, I haven't really through about it." Melanie raised a brow at Lexi's weird behavior but let it go, just watching Rue and Jules talk. "Well, I'm gonna go, look for some people, or not. See you two," Melanie waved at Gia and Lexi and walked off, leaving them two to third wheel. Melanie took this opportunity to be alone, it was only for one night but when needed to let loose and have fun.