0 4

chapter four: she's such a good kisser

  " HAPPY BELATED RUE," Fez told Rue, giving her a hug and then a pound. "Thanks bro," she smiled. Melanie leaned against one of the large store fridges and was on her phone, texting back her new found friend, Ethan.

As soon as school started back up, Ethan and her had been doing small photo shoots in either her home or outside while the weather was still nice. They also began to text and not only about business, as friends.

"Mel, you've been on your phone since you've been here. Who you textin'?" Ashtray asked, being more noisy than usual. Melanie sent off her last message and closed her phone putting it in her pocket. "You don't know who it is."

Rue looked at Jules who was beside her and then Fezco. "It's Ethan," Jules and Rue said in unison and Melanie rolled her eyes.

"Who?"

Rue turned to Ashtray who was sitting in Fez's signature white plastic lawn chair. "Some kid from school."

"That kid from the party?" Fezco asked Melanie with a side-eye, and she couldn't help but feeling ganged up on. "Yeah... I mean, I don't know why you guys are making it sound like a big deal, we're just friends." Melanie was starting to get a little flustered with the two girls. Maybe it was because Ash and Fez were in front of her but she didn't like when people knew things without her saying it first.

Rue and Jules noticed Melanie starting to get a little agitated so they decided it was best to calm the conversation down. "I'm playing with you Mel," Rue pushed her lightly. "I know you don't like Ethan."

Melanie started to un-tense and just rolled her eyes playfully at the pair. "I'm just trying to replace you, Rue. Just like you're replacing me," Mel jokes, pointing to Jules. Rue gasped playfully, "what?"

Her god-sister put her arm around Mel's shoulders. "I could never replace you."

Rue continued to say, "and Ethan is cool and all but could never replace," Rue took her hand and she pointed at herself, "my sexy ass." Jules burst out laughing, following Mel. Fez cracked a toothless smile and Ashtray just shook his head.

"Rue, you cute but you just crazy ass hell," Ashtray said.

Fez nodded, "heavy on the crazy ass hell."

Rue came out and said, "You know who's even cuter than me? Mel." Melanie looked over to Rue, confused. "How this came back to me?"