1 9 (✞)

chapter nineteen - I love you (✞)

chapter nineteen - I love you ()

  MEL STARED AT herself in the mirror; If only Instagram could see her now. She looked absolutely terrible, her hair was now frizzy from was fighting with Nate. Melanie reached and went into the glove compartment of her car and found a brush, gel and a makeup bag.

A girl always had to be prepared. She never really used the emergency bag she put in there often, she deemed herself to always be prepared person, always on top of her game. She always thought that she would need the make bag in a day she was running late to school and couldn't do her makeup on time. Like a normal teenager.

Unfortunately her story wasn't the average story and now she was using the bag to cover up the hand mark of Nate Jacob's that was now starting to bruise her face. Redish, purple splotches now we're prickling up to the surface of her skin. She could feel the soreness as she wiped her face clean with a makeup wipe, getting rid of any dirt lingering to then proceed with her makeup.

First was the color corrector, then the concealer which she was generous with. She used her brush to blend it out before then going with some medium cover foundation. After was just eyebrows which she used an eyebrow gel and some mascara.

Melanie looked in the mirror and the bruise now seemed non-existent which was good. Now it was her hair; she opted for a middle part and a slick back bun just to clean up her look.

Her clothes didn't look too dirty although there were some dust on her leggings she already knew what she was going to say in order to be less inconspicuous.

Melanie had to hide this from Fezco, she couldn't risk him getting in anymore trouble especially since this all linked back to Nate Jacob's. She had to protect the people she held dear to her and Fezco had a lot to lose.

She wouldn't be the reason why he lost it all. She simply wasn't worth it.

The drive after was silent. No music played in her car, just the sound of the engine filling her ears. Her phone was now dead so she couldn't let Fez know she was heading his way. Mel finally made it to his store and parked right at front, the curly haired girl quickly got out the car almost racing to Fez's front door. She banged on his door, "Ash, Fez! It's me, Mel," she said, trying to peep through the cracks. At first she thought he wasn't there, the pit of her stomach was tight.

She hoped that the police hadn't already taken him in. After some seconds the door opened and appeared Fezco in all his glory. His eye lit up, "Mel," he sighed before grabbing her and pulling her into a bear hug. Melanie hugged him back and nuzzled into his chest, taking in his signature scent of weed and his favorite Versace cologne.