Three

I was running down the hallway when I remembered that I need to slow down otherwise, I will look like a sweating pig. So, I took several deep breaths and started walking. Then I stopped. Panic started to get thru me when I realized that I don't know where our meeting place is. How stupid! I searched my brain for answers. Maybe I was so elated I didn't hear Arnold told me of the meeting place. Darn!

How careless! Thinking that maybe the date is already cancelled, I walked towards the locker area disappointed.

I was almost at my locker when I heard my name. I spun around and saw Arnold. "Hey! Where were you? I've been waiting for you for almost 10 minutes now." My heart started to beat fast, my hands got sweaty and said, "I- uh, I forgot our meeting place. I didn't hear you say it." I looked down and added softly, "I'm sorry."

He grabbed my hand, "oh-ok. Anyway, let's go." "ahm..Arnold, where are we going exactly?" "You'll see." He said and winked. Many students loitering in the hall saw us and there were two kinds of reaction. Half are of with curious faces and the other half have they're mouth hanging open --unbelievable! Well, that's expected because Arnold is one of the good looking guys in our school and now, he's being seen hurrying while holding my hand. I saw Bette in the crowd and once again, her famous bushy eyebrows shot extremely up. I gave her an i-will-call-you-later look and allowed myself to be pulled. As soon as we stepped out of the school door, he dropped my hand and looked at me, "Follow me."

He said.

We walked for another 10 minutes and noticed that the road is leading to, oh my gosh! The cemetery! I stopped when I saw the gate and it looks like we are really heading that way and this doesn't look romantic to me. Arnold sensed that I stopped, he looked at me, "What? Why are you stopping? Come on, before it gets dark, I just want to tell you something." I almost said no, but, what if this is my time? What if today is D day? Though hesitant because of the place, I still followed.