Seventeen

Althea's POV

(Message alert tone)

The tone made me jump. I looked at Riza and saw her reading her message. My heart was beating so fast and loud I wonder if Riza can hear it. I'm also sweating like a pig and i'm about to hyperventilate soon. What the fuck is happening??

Riza walked up to me still looking at her phone.

"Hon uhm, I got –" She looked at me, "Are you alright? Why do you look pale? It's like you have seen a ghost or something." She touched my forehead and asked, "Hey, are you okay? You're sweating.."

"Ye- Yeah! I am." I said tensely. "Uhm hon.. Listen –" I looked back at Jade.

"Hon, I'm so sorry." Riza said holding my hands, "There's an emergency at work and I need to be there. As in right now."

"Bu- But.. What about –" I said panicking.

"Hon, just take my car and get her home. She looks harmless, anyway." She said glancing at the drunk Jade. "And then tomorrow, as soon as she wakes up, She can go home, ok? I just don't think it's a good idea if we'll leave her with the guards. Someone might pretend that she's with her. Anyway, she's already inside the car. So just drive her home. I really, really need to dash. I'll just take a cab. I'm so sorry, but I'll see you at your place, ok?" She kissed me on the lips and before I could say another word, she's already gone. Ugh! What have I gotten myself into? Fuck!

I looked at Jade and swallowed. Oh God! Please help me. I went to the driver's seat, waited for a few minutes before starting the car because I was shaking and I can't think properly. I gripped the steering wheel so hard and muttered, "You have got to be kidding me!" while striking it.

I drove and from time to time, I glanced at the rear view mirror to check on Jade.

Why does she have to be so drunk today. So irresponsible of her. What if someone took her away and do something bad to her. Damn you, Jade. You're already too old for this. What were you thinking? I thought angrily.

I was almost home when I realized I should've called Bette.

Dammit! Bette! Why did I forget to call her?? Stupid, stupid! You're an idiot, Althea!

I parked Riza's car and dialed Bette's number. They must be so worried right now. Dammit, Jade. This is all your fault. Dammit!

"Pick up.. Pick up, Bette. Come on, pick up!" While checking Jade and cursing at the same time.

"Bette! Hi! Finally! it's me Althea. Listen to me –" I went out of the car.

"Althea, I'm really sorry but you called at a bad time. We can't find Jade and Anne's already crying. I'll –"

I cut her off, "Bette wait! Listen, Jade is with me, I mean she's in my girlfriend's car."

"What? What's she doing there?"

"My girlfriend found her at the restroom, at the bar. She passed out and before I could think of calling you, we're already here at the condo parking. Would you mind coming here and take her home, please? Because I can't carry her--"

Toooot.... Toooot.... Toooot....

"Hello? Bette?" I looked at my phone and saw that Bette is no longer on the line.

"Dammit!" I re-dialed her number and got an out of the coverage area response.

"Damn! Damn! Arrrgh!" I threw my phone into my bag and looked at Jade loathingly.

"Of all the people! –And the stupidest thing! Crap!" I left her alone to go to the guard. I asked the guard for help and we both half carried her to the elevator. Good thing no one's waiting at that time.

At the elevator, I asked the guard to press the button for the 28th floor. As I hold Jade closely for fear of her slipping on the floor, she suddenly turned her head and rested on my shoulder. She was half embracing me. Dear God please.. Let this be a nightmare that I can wake up to any minute now. I closed my eyes and inhaled. To my disappointment, I can still feel her. No. This is real. This is her right here. Sigh. I cursed Jade in my mind so many times already I'm going to burst in anger anytime soon.

"Jade! Uhgg.. You're a bit heavy for me.. C'mon, we're almost there.." The guard wants to help but I said, "It's ok, just help me once we get out from here, please."

Finally, the elevator stopped at my floor and the guard helped me with Jade until we're inside my place. I thanked the guard and asked him to close and lock the door. I half carried Jade to my room, all the while scolding her, "Next time, aargh.. do not drink more than you should. I have never known you as a drinker before.. What the heck happened to you? Grrr.. Whew! There!" I finally got her to my bed. I put her feet up into the bed and sat beside her.

I was still furious but I can't help myself. I looked at her face taking in all the details; her lashes, her nose and her lips. Her luscious lips. I caressed her right cheek and I found myself once again captivated. Slowly, I moved my face closer to hers.. Her lips looked inviting. I closed my eyes and moved closer...