Twenty six

Anne was the first to come in, put down the fruit basket and gave Althea a hug and kiss, then she asked her sister about her condition. Jade answered that she's getting better.

Jade's father greeted Althea and touched her in the head smiling. He then asked his baby if there's anything she needs.

Althea feeling awkward, turned around and walked towards the table to clear her things from it. But Mrs. Tanchingco stopped her, looked at her, touched her face with both hands while the rest of the family was looking at them. Althea was surprised when Mrs. Tanchingco hugged her. She hugged Mrs. Tanchingco back and met Jade's eyes who were smiling.

"Hija, thank you for taking care of my daughter. A- and i hope that you would be able to forgive this old woman for what she did?" Mrs. Tanchingco said, teary eyed.

Althea feels that there's no need for words, so she just hugged Mrs. Tanchingco tighter.

"Mom! Stop it! You're making dad cry.." Anne said. Mr. Tanchingco laughed and messed Anne's hair.

Jade's POV

Seeing my mom hugging Althea, was one of the happiest moments in my life. I will forever treasure this very moment which will always remind me that no matter how long, things will always get better in the end... Sigh. If only i could have Althea back again.. But i know she's happy now and there's no doubt that she and Riza are meant for each other. I hope i'll find my significant other soon..

After a while, Althea said her goodbyes to my family and my mom made her promise that she will come back and visit as soon as she can. Deep down, i felt sad. I'm going to miss her. I wish i could've spend longer time wih her. I bit my figernails and just nodded my head when she told me to take care of myself and that she will keep in touch. I was too afraid to say anything so i just squeezed her hand when she gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hi Jade.. So sorry it took-- Oh hello Mr. and Mrs. Tanchingco, Anne.. Good morning.."

"Hi Emma." Anne said.

"Uh, hey Alma, i gotta go, beware of psyho exes.." Althea said making sure my parents heard and then left. That crazy girl! True enough, Emma was interrogated by my parents and the poor girl prolly regretted visiting me.

It was eleven o' clock when someone knocked on the door. I was talking to Bette on the phone when a delivery guy said that there was a delivery for me and my family. It was from the Runner's Kitchen courtesy of Althea.

I asked Bette for Althea's number and called her. "Hi."

"Yes? May i know who's on the line?"

"Uhm Alma.."

"Alma?.. Jade? Is that you?"

"Ha ha ha! Hey! I got your number from Bette. You shouldn't have bothered sending these food. But, thank you!"

"No problem. I thought that since you were not able to eat there yesterday, so there.."

"Thank you. But wait, is it true that you co-own it? Anne just told me.."

"Yep.. After i moved back here, i knew i had to start up a business to keep me occupied. And with the help of my friends, we were able to put it up together."

"I see. Well, one fun fact though.. Err Emma actually loved your resto and the food there. Now, you may have lost a valuable customer.." I teased.

"Does she know that i'm one of the owners? No. So don't tell her. Ha ha ha! Seriously, i don't like her so i honestly don't care. I may have lost one customer but i gained four-- no make it six including Bette and Bianca." Althea said laughing.

Althea ended the call when she said that that she needs to prepare for a meeting.

Althea's POV

'Crap. Our world seemed to be getting smaller and smaller. I don't know what to feel.. should i be happy or, or afraid.. Darn! Afraid?? Of what? To be close to her again? Maybe? Damn it! I'm talking to myself again! Aaargh!'

I went back to my place after going to RK. I felt tired physically, mentally and emotionally so I lay down on my bed, stared at the ceiling and sighed. I missed Riza. Honestly, i do. I saw her earlier but she just smiled at me.

I held my phone to my face and thought, 'Should i send her a message to at least ask how is she doing?' I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head. I opened them and i was about to open my messages when my phone vibrated. My phone slipped from my hand and landed on my cheek. I howled in pain and picked it up as it continues to vibrate. I saw that it was Bette calling.

"Hey, Bette! What's up?" I answered caressing my cheek.

"Thea! Where are you! I'm going to visit Jade. You want to come with me or ahmm, you can't because of your girlfriend..?"

"Bette! Hey..ahh.. I just got off from a meeting.. And i'm quite tired..Sorry. Next time?.." I said scratchin my head .

"Oh ok, then.. I'll see you when i see you. Bye."

I stared at the ceiling and sighed some more. I stood up, changed my clothes went to the kitchen, got myself a bottle of white, a glass, grabbed my phone and went straight to the veranda.

It's nearly six pm and the sun is setting. The beautiful horizon spread out before me. The colors of red and orange slowly fade and turned into the darkest hue while soft twinkling lights started winking at me. For a while, i thought of nothing. For just a little moment, i allowed myself to let go of everything that's troubling me.

Then it's time to face reality again. I checked to see if i have any messages. None. I stared at the night sky and thought, now what?

It's only been yesterday since Riza left me. She wants me to be happy. With Jade.

But will Jade really be my happiness? Yes, I admit i am attracted to her. I even felt jealous of her date. But.. i don't know.. I am not so sure if i can love her like i have loved her before. And what if.. What if Riza made a mistake. What if she misunderstood my intentions. Damn! I am so confused. My heart feels like it's going to burst. I need to go. I need to be somewhere far away, away from everyone. I need to do what i always do in times like this. To escape. To think. To find myself and to make ME whole again.

Why does love needs to be difficult?

...........

Five weeks later

Althea's POV

"So.. until when are you planning to hide here?"

I froze. I was enjoying the morning sun when i heard a familiar voice. No. I must be mistaken. That's not her. It couldn't be. Just impossible. I ignored it, i took a deep breathe and closed my eyes. Ahh the cool gentle breeze. This is life.

"Well? Are you just going to pretend you didn't hear me?"

I snapped my eyes open, craned my neck and let my jaw dropped... 'Oh my god!'