Twenty two

"Hi!"

Althea looked up. She smiled and stood up. They kissed each other on the lips and then they sat down.

Althea reached inside her bag and pull out a small, long box covered in red velvet with a gold ribbon at the top.

"For you.. Happy 11th month!"

Riza gasped audibly. She was eyeing the box dying to know what's inside. Speechless, she held Althea's hands and looked at her lovingly. She pursed her lips as her eyes moistened.

"Happy 11th... I don't know what to say.. Thank you.. I uh, you shouldn't have.. ahm.." Riza said stammering.

Althea touched Riza's face, "Anything for you, hon. Open it.." She put the box on Riza's hands and smiling, she watched Riza open it.

At the back of Riza's head, she saw someone standing near the rest room. She was shocked to see that it was Jade. As their eyes met, she saw Jade avoided her eyes and quickly walked to a table at the far end of the resto. She was with a girl. A very pretty one. 'What the--!'

"Oh my! This was the watch that I was looking for since last month!" Riza exclaimed joyously. With shaking hands, she carefully lifted the watch from the box and admired it to her heart's content. Althea looked at Riza and looked at Jade again.

Jade became too uncomfortable knowing that Althea was on the same place. 'Why the hell is she here??' She thought to herself.

"Emma.. I know you just got here. But, I suddenly don't want to eat here. Can we cancel our orders?" Jade said nervously.

"What?? Come on, Jade! Why? I told you, I love it here and that's why I chose this place because I want you to try their food."

"Ems.. uh, I'll explain later but we really need to go. Please?" Jade pleaded.

Emma made a face and insisted that they must stay there and eat.

Althea heard a thud sound and was surprised to find the watch lying on the table while Riza's eyes were glued at the far end side of the resto. Suddenly Riza looked at Althea, checking her reaction.

They both looked when Jade stood up and went out. They watched as the other girl who looked embarrassed while talking to the waiter, handed some money and paid for their orders. She then reached for her bag and clutched it tightly while walking out.

Althea didn't know what to think. She was checking her self. Was she happy to see Jade after that condo scene? Who was she with? Gosh darn it! Why was Jade here of all places? And why the heck does it have to be today?

No one said anything. Riza stood up and was about to go inside the office when a commotion outside caught her attention.

The guard ran from his post and curiously, she went near the door. She put her hands to her mouth when she saw Jade lying on the ground, the girl who was with Jade was screaming and crying for help. And then another girl was nearby, standing still in shock.

Riza shouted at Althea to call for an ambulance. Astonished, Althea barked at the cashier and rushed outside. She pushed her way as there were more people crowding over Jade and her companion. What she saw left her cold and scared. For a moment, time stood still.

It terrified Althea seeing Jade lying sideways, her white top soaked in blood, and a knife buried at her back below her left shoulder....