Twenty eight

Jade

I started to walk along the seashore. As the waves gently crashed at my feet and the cold night air kept me company, I stopped and hugged myself looking at the sea then I looked up at the night sky. I got tired of looking up so I decided to lie down and just stared at the twinkling lights above me taking it all in without a care for anything.

I used my arms as my pillow and lay down, for how long, I don't know. I was enjoying the cloudless night sky when suddenly, my vision was blocked. My heart thumped faster than normal when I saw her pretty face gazing down at me. Althea smiled –her sweetest, then sat down beside me. She hugged her knees and then looked at me smiling. I, on the other hand, couldn't take my eyes off her in amazement. She looked up and whispered, "The moon and stars seem like they're shining extra bright, tonight."

She lay down beside me, and while she stared at the beautiful night sky, i was staring at her. I felt her arms moved then she entwined her fingers into mine. My eyes never left her face. I kept on looking at her beautiful, beautiful face which I will never get tired of doing. 

A little later, I moved and lay down on my side facing her. Her brow furrowed when I moved my hand away from her but she took the other and put it in her chest. She closed her eyes; then I realized she was making me feel her heart beat.

This moment is of pure bliss.

I lowered my head to kiss her but she opened her eyes and I hesitated. One, two, three seconds..

I felt her hand at the back of my head and then pulled me into her. I kissed her hungrily. I bit her lower lip, played with her tongue and tasted every corner of her mouth...

Then I woke up. Damn!