04

elora whitlock.

"you're going to ace this project, arya. A+ mhm." i say her, as i sit on her couch, working on her art project as mitski plays in my earphones. this is bliss.

she laughs, continuing to puff up her afro as she places a small white rose flower in the side of it. as soon as she's done, she turns to face me smoothening out any wrinkles in her black dress.
"so..?"

"absolutely gorgeous. the blind date might really just go blind," i nod at her as she smiles, contented.

"thank you for the help," she looks at the half way done sketch in my hand. "ill buy you dunkin on my way back." patting my cheek after she makes her way to the door out, slipping on the heels i got her.

" patting my cheek after she makes her way to the door out, slipping on the heels i got her

"thank you again, my love." she blows me a kiss, before walking out.

.....

with the sketchbook in my hand, i look around for a coffee shop or café i could sit at, sketching my masterpiece. not soon after i spot a bakery, 'dee icks bakery.'

kidding. it'd be fun if it was tho, dee icks. get it? dicks? no? okay.

i walk in seeing only a few people sitting there with very slow music playing. perfect. finding a one person table, i sit down opening my book and grabbing my charcoal again. not soon after a person walks upto my table, as i look up at him.

alex?

he groans, not looking at me yet as opens his notepad again. im not going to lie, he does look slightly funny in his white shirt and black apron, considering how bulky he is.

"what do you want to eat." he asks, ever so politely.

"how sweet of you, alex." i smile, as he puts down the notepad and then pen looking at me with wide eyes. not a second later, he turns around so his back is facing me with his hand covering his face.

"this is so fucking embarassing." i furrow my eyebrows at his comment.

i grab his arm, having him turn to face me again. "you look cute tho,"

"god, no." i laugh again, as he shakes his head. a second later, the bell on the cash counter rings. or moves, or jingles or whatever. i notice the que formed there, giving him a nod and a smile. he raises his eyebrow grabbing a chair and sitting right infront of me.

"the que?" i ask,

"I don't get paid enough."  fair enough.

not another second later, his phone starts ringing. groaning, he picks it up.

"i am not doing this anymore, call mateo. i could care less about his date, benjamin."

"is it jiji? can i speak to him?" alex looks at me, then holds out his phone. i put the phone on my ear, excited and slightly annoyed to talk to him considering he didn't even ask if i was okay last night.