24

benjamin zyair.

"momma?"

i looked around the kitchen to spot her. it was late, a bit yes. 

but still, dad comes home late because of his press job, right? so she must be up. it's also leo's holidays going on, are they possibly gone out? for dinner, maybe.

or did she come to know that i fucked up my job, and possibly my life?

no, she can't. how would she.

the fucking fbi director wouldnt call up my landline explaining me getting fired.

right?

my breathing catches up, and now i'm breathing heavily while leaned against the kitchen island, trying to stable myself. i dont want her to know.

fucking great.

"benji? dear, is that you there?"

i whip my head around and spot momma turning the kitchen lights on and squinting her eyes trying to look at me straight without her glasses.

"momma," i mumble, and walk up to her, hugging her in an instant and feeling my eyes blur.

i feel her smile against my shoulder.

"i missed you honey, where have you been? your boss isn't giving you a hard time again, is he?"

i stay quiet, not letting go off her.

"benji?" she pulls off and cups my cheeks like a fucking kid and looks at my face, her features dulling.

"dear, what's wrong?"

i look up at the ceiling trying to keep myself together infront of her.

when i was just seven and had no sense of anything, it was her who taught me to be me. no one has been there for me in the times when she has. always treated me like a kid to make sure i dont mess up and what have i done now?

i messed up.

and i messed up bad.

"momma, i missed you." i whisper, my voice shaky.

...............

ashton zyair.

we flew back.

more like they flew back. i havent been out of france, ever. the flight ride was very disturbing, i felt very vulnerable. now we're at their cafe of some sort, where we're still trying to find the girls.

"marco's phone is in the same location benjamin's phone was, one day before leaving for france." alex says monotonously, looking at his computer screen.

where was benjamin one day before going to france?

i jog towards the back of the cafe where they said were rooms, and open the door to mateo's room.

i look at him, sitting on the bed staring at his phone intensely, his hand gripping it hard. almost squeezing it.

"mateo?" i call out. he doesnt move, stays staring.

i walk up to him and look at his phone from behind. the screen shows 'ary.' and his last texts. wonder who's ary.

i peek a bit more and look at his phone screen.

me:

arya, talk to me whats wrong?

just reply.

you were online 20 minutes ago, why wont you speak to me?

i'm coming over to you if you dont pick my calls up right now.

arya, please.

this user has blocked you.

oh shit.

"did she dump you, or?"

"shut the fuck up ashton." he mumbles.

i almost feel bad but its so hard to contain a laugh to see someone get dumped. why be down bad for a girl in the first place?

that thought makes me fiddle with my silver bracelet.

i've seen a girl in the past few days.

"why the fuck are you still here?" mateo breaks my chain my thought.

"well. do you have any idea where benjamin was, one day before you all came here?"

he turns back and looks down.

"he went to arya's with elora. to pack some of her stuff. why does it bother you?" he mumbles.

i shrug, "one of my friend who i sent to find elora, his phone location is that place. wait. what the fuck?" it hits me.

he stands up and looks dead at me.

"guy?" he deadpans.

i nod, "marco."

motherfucker.

.....................

elora whitlock.

it's been a couple days.

since i was in paris.

since i saw them.

since i saw him.

"hey elora, we're going out to a restaurant for dinner, you're coming with right?" arya speaks all happy, fixing her hair in the mirror.

"we? who's we?"

she looks at me for a second, then turns back to the mirror with a slight tinge on her cheeks.

"marco,"

i pull the sheets off me, and turn to her.

"arya, what do you mean?" i whisper shout. "what about mateo?"

i'm not being a bad friend and supporting her with this, no matter what. mateo has done nothing but be the best version of him for her.

she sighs, "i haven't spoken to him in so long. besides, you dont think he's already found someone better in france? with the way he looks at everyone, i bet he has." she speaks with annoyance in her tone.

what's wrong with her?

"arya, you dont know what you're saying." 

"oh come on elora. you ran away from benjamin! i didnt run away atleast!" 

"why would you bring that up right now?! besides it's not like he's my boyfr-"

my yelling gets disrupted by the ringing of the door bell.

i scoff and get up walking out the room to answer it. before i can reach up to it, marco goes ahead and opens the door. 

im about to thank him, when he falls back to the floor.

i gasp loudly my eyes widening.

"man what the fuck?" he grimaces, cursing, while getting up from the floor looking at the person behind the door.

i cant see him.

he falls back to the floor with a loud thud again, this time i see a mere hand punching his jaw right before he fell.

the next moment, i make eye contact with him as he walks in.

with him.

i freeze.

..............

a/n.

its short but im back and im alive.

please have missed me :).

-suel.