Chapter 9: Party Foul

It was not a beautiful day outside, the sun was shining, flowers were blooming, but no birds were chirping. Instead, a cacophony of noise replaced their calm and tranquil songs. The sound of machines pounding away at sidewalks, the siren of an ambulance, and the barking of dogs rang out around the apartment complex. However, these were only mildly irritating to the ear-bursting noises coming from what seemed the very walls themselves. As groaning in pure irritation, I forced myself out of bed and slammed my door open, though as it seemed, I wasn't the only one awake from the noise.

Kobayashi: Tohru, will you keep it down?!

My sister yelled as she erupted from her room, hair a mess and looking worse for wear, but stopped as we both noticed that Kanna and Tohru both held their hands over their ears.

Tohru: What?!

She called out over the noise, for after a few seconds, it all came to a stop, freeing our ears from their painful torture. My sister groaned as she rubbed her head and sat down on the couch, Tohru looking at her with a slightly annoyed look.

Tohru: Ms. Kobayashi, do you think me a loud person?

Kobayashi: Nooo, I'm sorry.

She mumbled, resting her tired head in her hands. I sighed softly and walked up behind her, gently rubbing my sister's back as Kanna looked at her, concerned.

Kanna: Is it you're hangover, Ms. Kobayashi?

My sister nodded as she looked up slightly to meet Kanna's gaze.

Kobayashi: Yeah, I can't believe I feel like this on my day off. It's like someone drove a spike right into my temple.

She groaned as I pulled my hand back, my sister giving a silent thank you while I glanced over at Tohru. The dragon shifted her gaze from the hung-over human towards the ceiling as she spoke.

Tohru: By the sound of it, the noise seems to be coming from the apartment's next door and above us. Would you like me to go talk with them?

Kobayashi: That would be great, actually, but please make sure you keep your horns hidden.

She said, flashing Tohru a small smile before cringing as her headache seemingly spiked. The dragon beamed happily and placed a hand over her chest.

Tohru: No problem, and if they don't listen, I'll just murder them.

F/N: For once, I second that.

I grumbled, Kobayashi groaning as she lifted her head once more and looked at me.

Kobayashi: F/N, you're supposed to be on my side on these matters.

F/N: Well, they should have thought better to wake me from my slumber; let's go, Tohru.

I said, giving my sister a small pat on the head before heading out the door in only my sleeping attire, the blonde dragon right on my heels while looking me over.

Tohru: Hey, are you going to talk to them wearing that?

She said, gesturing to my lackluster outfit, which consisted of only a white t-shirt, a pair of sweatpants, and sandals as I turned to look back at her.

F/N: It'll get our point across faster anyway, and this is coming from the dragon girl.

I said as Tohru shrugged, not caring to change her looks, thus losing all point in the argument as we stepped outside.

F/N: Let's start with Ms. Sasakibe. She seemed nice enough.

I muttered as we went to the apartment right of our own, and following a buzz, a woman in her early twenties with long brown hair met us at the door.