Chpater 18: Bento Boxes?

Days after the convention ended, I was relaxing, sitting beside my sister as we stared at the night sky in the comfort of our living room. A pair of coffee mugs sat before us as the silence that once perpetuated the room was broken as the soft voice of the youngest dragon resident called out behind us.

Kanna: Kobayashi's?

F/N: Yes, Kanna?

I asked as the girl sat down between my sister and me before handing the former a piece of paper. Leaning over to look at it, my sister hummed as we read over what was a field trip form. Besides the typical guardian signatures of acceptance and legal mumbo jumbo was the requirement of a packed lunch.

Kobayashi: So, you need a bento lunch?

She asked, looking over at Kanna as the dragon nodded.

Kanna: It's for the field trip next week. Can you make one?

Kanna incurred as she looked between us, my sister giggling softly as I shrugged.

F/N: That would be her specialty. I'm not good with bento boxes. Though what food would you even want in it?

Kanna blinked before looking down a bit, her expression narrowing a little before all three of us looked over as Tohru strode into the room.

Tohru: You don't need to worry about it because I can take care of it. Domestic creativity is kinda my thing. I mean, I'm only the best there ever was.

She said with a cheerful tone and a giddy expression. However, her mood completely voided her sight of my sister's light glare as she stood up, her glasses shining in a way that one could not see her eyes underneath. Along with that, an aura began to emanate off her as she walked up to Tohru.

Kobayashi: Well actually, I'm even better than the best.

She said, taking Tohru's outstretched fist, the dragon's expression also changing as an aura began to emanate off her as well as she responded.

Tohru: Well, I'm even better than better than the best.

Kobayashi: Well, according to you.

She said as a small struggle between the two took place, ending up with both of their hands being forced down like a lightning strike as an unspoken challenge was set. Kanna and I looked between each other, a little worried as we watched this only grow in scope.

Tohru: You care to prove your so-called betterness, or are you scared!

Kobayashi: Careful Tohru, you're good, but you aren't that good.

They taunted each other as Kanna beside me lightly sweated.

Kanna: This could be bad, Mr. Kobayashi. Can you-

F/N: Bento box competition!

I yelled in a sudden childish impulse as I threw my arms up. The looks of both my sister and Tohru grew more competitive as they nodded in agreement, while Kanna just sighed and lightly hit my side.

Kanna: Why did you do that?

She asked as I sweated lightly, rubbing the back of my neck with a soft chuckle.

F/N: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I said before yelping as both girls looked back at me. Smirks clearly across their faces as tomorrow, there would be a hell of a day, which was clear to see, as the next morning as I awoke, the living room had entirely changed into looking like a cheesy game show studio. The trio of 'judges' sat at a table as I brushed some of my bed hair from my eyes.

F/N: Can someone explain why we now have cheap wallpaper everywhere?

Luca: Well, it was your idea for a competition, wasn't it?